question on 2-User

Post by gian d russ » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I just purchased used SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 for my home use.  Got it installed
without a problem.  But, not sure what the 2-User limit means.  Is this a
license to install on a max of 2 machines?

question on 2-User

Post by Raj Rijhwan » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> I just purchased used SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 for my home use.  Got it installed
> without a problem.  But, not sure what the 2-User limit means.  Is this a
> license to install on a max of 2 machines?

No, it means you can have a maximum of two independently active user
logins.
--
Raj Rijhwani        (umtsb5/16) |  This is the voice of the Mysterons...

http://www.courtfld.demon.co.uk/raj/ (demon, and gods, willing...)

question on 2-User

Post by Tom Parson » Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:gian d russo writes:
>I just purchased used SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 for my home use.  Got it installed
>without a problem.  But, not sure what the 2-User limit means.  Is this a
>license to install on a max of 2 machines?

No, that license entitles you to 2 concurrent logins on 1 machine.

question on 2-User

Post by Lawrence Kir » Mon, 01 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>gian d russo writes:
>>I just purchased used SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 for my home use.  Got it installed
>>without a problem.  But, not sure what the 2-User limit means.  Is this a
>>license to install on a max of 2 machines?

>No, that license entitles you to 2 concurrent logins on 1 machine.

But note that console multiscreens only count as one login however many
times you are logged in. So if you are logged in on the console only one
other session can be connected through by serial login, telnet etc. I don't
thing this affects other services like ftp host.

1. Upgrade 2-user to 16-user 3.2v4.2

Here's something I think I should know but can't quite remember:

Is there a way to upgrade 2-user SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2 to the 16-user
version of the same without doing a complete re-installation?

I assume that such an upgrade path is no longer available from SCO.
Correct?

2. Problems With Mailing Lists?

3. TCP/IP 1.2.1 2-User Compatible?

4. a great resource for Unix professionals

5. Trade Solaris x86 for 2-user NetWare 4.1?

6. Installing SLS from Ethernet

7. user question about user

8. non-root user can't run programs on old partition

9. how to user C language to convert a known user id to a user name

10. PROBLEM: cd ~user results in "user: Unknown user"