SCO OS5 and printer device (Specialix)

Post by Roman Fiet » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

Installed the Specialix SI-8 succesfully with OS5 on a ProSignia, now
I want to add printers. In scoadmin->Printers the devices installed by
custom are not visible in the selection allthough they are in
/dev/tty[aA]0[1-8] and I ran the good old sysadmsh to assign these new
devices to the terminal database as printers.

Does anybody have a pointer into the confusing online documentation or
an idea how to get the devices into the selection of the printer
administration shell.

Hint: when I use lpadmin to install the printer, I can assign
e.g. ttya06 to my printer and it appears in the selection of
Settings->Serial Comm but not in Adding Local Printer after using
lpadmin.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze (Mail Code 5023)              Kodak AG Stuttgart/Germany

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Wed, 02 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:Roman Fietze writes:

> Hello,

> Installed the Specialix SI-8 succesfully with OS5 on a ProSignia, now

Roman, I checked the Specialix ftp site an hour ago, and didn't see any new
drivers since 7.03 for ODT 3.0. What driver are you using?

--

SCO OS5 and printer device (Specialix)

Post by P.R.Joh » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

writes:

Quote:

> Roman Fietze writes:

> > Hello,

> > Installed the Specialix SI-8 succesfully with OS5 on a ProSignia, now

> Roman, I checked the Specialix ftp site an hour ago, and didn't see any
new
> drivers since 7.03 for ODT 3.0. What driver are you using?

I was told some weeks ago (~6) by Specialix, they were producing a v8.0 for
OSE 5 - release date TBA.

--
P.R.John

Post by Roman Fiet » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

   Roman, I checked the Specialix ftp site an hour ago, and didn't see any new
   drivers since 7.03 for ODT 3.0. What driver are you using?

Hello,

I finally got it running with 7.03, but still the problem with the
printer admnin shell exists. I can add a printer with lpadmin and any
tty I wish, but I can't select this tty from within the printer admin
shell. That's the only problem left over now.

I got an answer from Specialix that the 8.x Specialix SLXOS will be
available within the next two weeks (you can already see a footprint
of it on Specialix' ftp server, buts it's chmod 600).

Roman

--
Roman Fietze (Mail Code 5023)              Kodak AG Stuttgart/Germany

SCO OS5 and printer device (Specialix)

Post by Michael P. Deign » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I've been waiting for it for a couple of installations now, and they
>keep saying RSN (Real Soon Now).  It was supposed to be out by the end
>of July (I think that was 1995).

This is what, the drivers for the Specialix SI board (SLXOS, or
something to that extent?) I have one of their boards in my main
OSr5 system -- to install it, I downloaded the latest version of
the drivers from their BBS, made a small modification to the
contents of their init script (so it would recognize the correct
version of SCO it was attempting to install on), and was able to
install and use them fine. Works just dandy.

MD

--
--   Who needs looks when you have taste?
--

SCO OS5 and printer device (Specialix)

Post by P.R.Joh » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I just checked with Specialix - 2 weeks max. for OSE 5 drivers, they say.

--
P.R.John

Post by Bill Campbe » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00

: I was told some weeks ago (~6) by Specialix, they were producing a v8.0 for
: OSE 5 - release date TBA.

I've been waiting for it for a couple of installations now, and they
keep saying RSN (Real Soon Now).  It was supposed to be out by the end
of July (I think that was 1995).

Bill
--

UUCP:              camco!bill   2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591