Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

Post by Javier Murillo/La Cemento Naciona » Sun, 21 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Im using Informix Online 5.2 on  SCO ODT 3.0 servers.

Were thinking about upgrading our servers (more than 12) to SCO 5.0? I have
heard in this list about many problems with this unix version. Do you recommend
me to upgrade my servers? Theyre already working fine.

But the most important thing to analyze is the performance of the Database. Is
anyone using Informix con SCO 5.0? Is the performance better than ODT 3.0?
Which version do you need of the Informix Online? I heard somewhere else that
SCO 5.0 doesnt work well with Informix Database.

Any comments will be very appreciatted.

Thanks.

Javier Murillo
Lan Manager
La Cemento Nacional
Guayaquil - Ecuador

Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

Post by Werner Schaeff » Wed, 24 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Re: Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

For SCO ODT 5.0 you need Informix Online 7.10 UD2!! All other versions
has problems in working with SCO 5.0.

Regards Werner

Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

Post by Micheal Stanl » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

: Re: Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

: For SCO ODT 5.0 you need Informix Online 7.10 UD2!! All other versions
: has problems in working with SCO 5.0.

What are the specific problems.  We have been using SCO 5.0 with
Informix 5.x for quite some time.  We do have problems and need to
reboot the sco box about every other day, but havn't yet figured out
what is going on.  What problems are you aware of.

Thanks,
Michael

Informix on SCO 5.0 stable?

Post by Micheal Stanl » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

: Im using Informix Online 5.2 on  SCO ODT 3.0 servers.

: Were thinking about upgrading our servers (more than 12) to SCO 5.0? I have
: heard in this list about many problems with this unix version. Do you recommend
: me to upgrade my servers? Theyre already working fine.

: But the most important thing to analyze is the performance of the Database. Is
: anyone using Informix con SCO 5.0? Is the performance better than ODT 3.0?
: Which version do you need of the Informix Online? I heard somewhere else that
: SCO 5.0 doesnt work well with Informix Database.

We are using Informix 5.x (Turbo I think, or something like that), on
a SCO 5.0 box.  The database works fine, although we do have some
throughput problems that are a result of a bug (design feature/flaw)
in informix.  We do have to reboot our SCO 5.0 machine about every
other day however.  We are currently trying to get Informix Online
7.?, and have so far ran into many snags, but I believe that they got
it working.  It solved the throughput problem, but we have had a bear
of a time getting it all working correctly.  I can't give you any more
info than that, because I simply don't know anymore than that.  Sorry.

G'luck
Michael

: Any comments will be very appreciatted.

: Thanks.

: Javier Murillo
: Lan Manager
: La Cemento Nacional
: Guayaquil - Ecuador

1. migration from informix online 5.0 to informix dynamic server 7.31 base on aix

hello everyone !

    Now I have a project that do I need migration from informix online 5.0
to informix dynamic server 7.31 on my rs6000 .And informix online 5.0 is
running on a H50 on which is aix3.2.4 ,it should be migrated to informix
dynamic server 7.3.1 is running on a S85 on which is aix4.3.3 .I don't know
what do I think about the migration .Who can help me or advise me ?For
example : H50-->S85 ,AIX3.2.4-->AIX4.3.3 ,informix online5.0-->informix
dynamic server 7.3.1 ,Application on Client/Server ,used facilities and
etc..

thank you very much !

2. imac and 3d

3. Informix on SCO 5.0 & HTFS

4. make problems

5. Informix 5.0 for SCO with iBCS

6. openSSH and X Display forwarding

7. Informix under SCO 5.0.0b

8. Exit in a script

9. Informix On-Line 5.0 & AIX 3.2.2

10. Can't hangup with Informix 5.0

11. Informix SE 5.0 sqlexec segment faults

12. Help, Keepalive timer, Solaris 2.3 & Informix OnLine 5.0

13. Informix Online 5.0