Downloading mail form win95 pop3 to SCO 5.0.4 with MMDF

Downloading mail form win95 pop3 to SCO 5.0.4 with MMDF

Post by Johan Geuz » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

We're running SCO 504 and use MMDF for our internal mail,
Our users connect onto the SCO server using terminals and/or win95
computers. (With kea)

now we've put up a pop3-server on a win95 computer on witch we are going to
handle the external mail.

how do i download the incomming external mail from the win95 computer to the
sco server??

I've tried fetchmail but it crashes during the installation..

Johan geuze

Downloading mail form win95 pop3 to SCO 5.0.4 with MMDF

Post by PAL30 » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You probably know that the SCO box already had the POP server.  It is
pretty easy to set it up to handle external mail:
Using SCOADMIN,
   Setup an UUCP entry to dial the extrernal mail source
   Configure MMDF:
       To use the domain name you are using on the external source
       To forward unresolvable mail addresses to the UUCP entry you
            setup above
      Setup an hourly or 1/2 hourly daemon to run:
            /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -rl systemname
        where systemname is the name of the UUCP entry

Have fun,

Paul

Quote:>We're running SCO 504 and use MMDF for our internal mail,
>Our users connect onto the SCO server using terminals and/or win95
>computers. (With kea)

>now we've put up a pop3-server on a win95 computer on witch we are going to
>handle the external mail.

>how do i download the incomming external mail from the win95 computer to the
>sco server??

>I've tried fetchmail but it crashes during the installation..

>Johan geuze

To reply by email, please take out the
words REMOVETHIS from my email address