Upgrade of 5.02 to 5.04 issues NFS, RSH login

Upgrade of 5.02 to 5.04 issues NFS, RSH login

Post by Ian Rei » Mon, 01 Dec 1997 04:00:00

(i) Previously it was possible to do an RSH without password.
After upgrade the RSH always requires password.
Any comments on how this may have been 'changed' during upgrade ?

(ii) NFS is failing to allow connection to a volume on local server.
Again this was fine before upgrade.
Any comment on NFS problems ?

Please copy replies to

Regards
Ian

Post by Bela Lubki » Tue, 02 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> (i) Previously it was possible to do an RSH without password.
> After upgrade the RSH always requires password.
> Any comments on how this may have been 'changed' during upgrade ?

> (ii) NFS is failing to allow connection to a volume on local server.
> Again this was fine before upgrade.
> Any comment on NFS problems ?

Both problems suggest name resolution changes.  Your passwordless `rsh`
must be controlled by a .rhosts file or /etc/hosts.equiv.  Look there
for what host names you're expected to be coming from.  Then rlogin from
those hosts and run `who -mxu` to see what name is actually being
resolved.  The NFS issue is likely to be similar -- /etc/exports
disagreeing with DNS.  (Sample error messages from the NFS problem would
have been helpful.)

Quote:>Bela<

--
Sandy and Bela Lubkin are traveling around the world for a year!  Now posting
from Watford UK; touring UK next.        +Please do not Cc: me on news posts!

1. hd_config error upgrading 5.02 to 5.04

Hi, can anyone help me with the following error :

I'm trying to upgrade SCO 5.02 to 5.04 via upgrade feature,
by booting by supplied boot floppy ....

once booted i get the following error :

G hd_config
NOTICE : ciha : SCSI bus error on SCSI adaptor (ha=0 id=0 lun=0)
WARNING: hd : no root disk controller was found

... then when checking for suitability for automatic upgrade ...

NO ACTIVE UNIX PARTITION
cannot determine root filesystem location

Can anyone help me out ???...
do I have to use a specific defbootstr ???

Cheers

Nick Waters
Lead Programmer
RH Group Ltd

2. XFree 4.0.1 and xauth: X protocol error

3. Upgrading from 5.02 to 5.04

4. problem with masquarading

5. ATAPI CDROM Install 5.02 vs 5.04

6. Installing Linux on Comaq Contura 3/25 with 4MB memory

7. Differences between SCO 5.02 and SCO 5.04

8. Help : Debian 1.3.1 2.0.33 kernel recompile

9. SCO 5.02 + SCO 5.04

10. Restricting Multiple FTP Users on OS 5.02 or 5.04 ??

11. SCO 5.02 + SCO 5.04 Floppy Drive Problems

12. Upgrade SCO 3.2v4.2 - Openserver 5.02 installation core dump

13. Open Server 5.02 Upgrade Cheap