Monitor Resolution

Post by T. Münk » Sat, 12 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I decided to try SCO UnixWare to try to escape the clutches of MicroSoft. I am
> new to unix so bare with me.

> After installing SCO UnixWare 2.1, the only resolution I am offered is the
> standard VGA with 16 colors.  I have a Number9 Motion 771 with 2mb. SCO
> detects an S3 968 chipset, but still only gives the standard VGA option.  A
> couple of other Number9 cards are listed, but, not mine.

> I checked Number9's site for a possible driver.  The only non-Windows driver
> they have is for OS/2.  Is there another site that might have an HBA for my
> particular display adapter or am I stuck with this resolution?

The SCO hardware compatibility sheet at my SCO OpenServer 5.0.4
distribution media
(/info/hardware/search/company/data/models/112/4/1.htm) says that the
9FX Motion 771 is only usable for OpenServer 5.0.0, 5.0.2 and 5.0.4 but
not for UnixWare :-(

Tom.