IBM 720 server and 5.0.2

Post by Gerry Valen » Sun, 03 Nov 1996 04:00:00

One of our customers has an IBM 720 with dual 166 Mhz. processors, Mylex Raid
controller and is using SCO 5.0.2.

He gets a lot of system hangs and spurious interrupts.  Disabling the the
second processor has solved the problem temporrarely.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

                      ___
                     /   \
                 ___|  C  |  Cantel
                /   \\___/
               |  C  |___   Computer
                \___//   \
Gerry Valente       |  C  |  Corp.

IBM 720 server and 5.0.2

Post by Bela Lubki » Tue, 05 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> One of our customers has an IBM 720 with dual 166 Mhz. processors, Mylex Raid
> controller and is using SCO 5.0.2.

> He gets a lot of system hangs and spurious interrupts.  Disabling the the
> second processor has solved the problem temporrarely.

This is a known problem with that machine.  A fix exists, SLS oss411 (on
ftp://ftp.sco.com/SLS/).
Quote:>Bela<

1. IBM PC Server 720

My boss just "gave" me an IBM PC Server 720 (4 CPUs, 64megs,
SCSI2-Fast/Wide).  I'm
thinking of installing Linux on it.  Anyone out there has any advice for
me before I go on
in installing it?  I tried it once.  I had a SCSI problem.  There's no
Linux device driver for it.

I go RedHat 5.2

Thanks in advance

2. GRUB

3. IBM Server 720/Mylex Raid adapter

4. multiple X displays/video cards

5. Help needed - IBM PC Server 720

6. DNS Bind don't resolve local names

7. HP-720 vs IBM-320 vs Sparc2

8. Problema con SSL Apache

9. ThinkPad 720 IBM Harddisk information?

10. IBM ThinkPad 720?

11. IBM 720/750 Laptops and Linux?

12. Problems installing FreeBSD to an IBM 720

13. IBM ThinkPad 720 Disk Geometry Problem