compiling dos programs under sco openserver 5

compiling dos programs under sco openserver 5

Post by Philip Ha » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi.
While looking through some of the technical articles on Sco
sls web site, I came acroos an article
describing the limitation on compiling dos programs
under Openserver 5. It refered to a supplement
that would add this capability to the development system.
Unfortunately, the supplement name wasn't mentioned.
I looked around for the supplement and could not find it.
Does anyone know where to get this supplement, or do I need to install
something from the cd-rom, like the development apps.
I only installed the development system.

Thanks for any info.

phil

compiling dos programs under sco openserver 5

Post by Robert Li » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>describing the limitation on compiling dos programs
>under Openserver 5. It refered to a supplement
>that would add this capability to the development system.

The Xenix Cross Development Supplment is available as an extra package.
It is not part of the main DS.  It is not available via ftp.  It is
a different package.  I understand it's approximately $200.

--
Robert Lipe

1. Mounting DOS disk on SCO Openserver V (5.0.4)

Hi

I'm trying to mount a DOS disk on my SCO system - with no luck... I've
followed the guidance notes on the SCO website - as below:

mkdev dos   (OK)
mkdir drived (at root level - OK)
mknod /dev/hd1d b 1 112 (OK ? - creates a device anyway)
mount -f DOS /dev/hd1d /drived (fails - bad device)

The primary drive is SCO on IDE controller 0 and is(the) master
The second disc (dos) is the master on IDE controller 1, and my CDROM
is the slave on that controller.

Any help much appreciated - I have a tar (60Mb) I need to move into
unix and my network connection to my laptop is u/s (PCMCIA card
suspect) , so I can't copy it back & fore after rebooting from a
different Windows95 disk (exchangeable disk packs)

Thanks - I know someone knows how........

John Jenkins

2. Linux on Acer Extensa 391, 392, 393

3. Mathcad 6.0+ on DOS Merge on SCO OpenServer 5

4. Compaq CDR, Cannon Bubblejet

5. REPOST: Mounting DOS disk on SCO Openserver V (5.0.4)

6. Creative Sound Blaster Vibra 16 mystery solved !

7. Accessing Dos Partitions under Free SCO Openserver 5.0.2

8. Xwin in FreeBSD

9. Backup Programs for SCO Openserver 5.0.2

10. Problem compiling apache: libtinfo.so on SCO Openserver 5

11. Compiling Apache 2.0.35 on SCO Openserver 5.0.5

12. Does SCO Merge and WABI come with Free SCO OpenServer?

13. License problem in upgrade SCO 3.2 to SCO Openserver 5