SCO OpenServer Free CD - How do I use Loadable Drivers for NCR SCSI adaptor

SCO OpenServer Free CD - How do I use Loadable Drivers for NCR SCSI adaptor

Post by Paul Jo » Sun, 19 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to install OpenServer on tothe following system:

Viglen Pentium Pro 200
64MB RAM
HP  SCSI DAT
4GB NCR PCI SCSI adaptor - (SDMS V3.0 PCI SCSI BIOS, PCI Rev.2.0)
2MB Matrox Millenium video
Pioneer SCSI CD ROM
ATAPI EIDE CD ROM on the secondary IDE bus. (I've also tried removing
this CD before the install)

The installation guide implies that I need a driver called 'bhba' in
order to use the SCSI card. This should be installed at boot time
using the link command.

The problem is, I have no idea what the package name is. I've tried
using 'bhba', but it fails to find the package when I put loadable
driver disk in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Paul John

Post by Bela Lubki » Mon, 20 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I'm trying to install OpenServer on tothe following system:

> Viglen Pentium Pro 200
> 64MB RAM
> HP  SCSI DAT
> 4GB NCR PCI SCSI adaptor - (SDMS V3.0 PCI SCSI BIOS, PCI Rev.2.0)
> 2MB Matrox Millenium video
> Pioneer SCSI CD ROM
> ATAPI EIDE CD ROM on the secondary IDE bus. (I've also tried removing
> this CD before the install)

> The installation guide implies that I need a driver called 'bhba' in
> order to use the SCSI card. This should be installed at boot time
> using the link command.

> The problem is, I have no idea what the package name is. I've tried
> using 'bhba', but it fails to find the package when I put loadable
> driver disk in.

The driver was renamed when NCR's Microelectronics division was spun off
as a separate company, Symbios Logic.  So,

  Boot
  : restart link=slha

Quote:>Bela<

Post by Dave Corall » Tue, 21 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> The installation guide implies that I need a driver called 'bhba' in
> order to use the SCSI card. This should be installed at boot time
> using the link command.

> The problem is, I have no idea what the package name is. I've tried
> using 'bhba', but it fails to find the package when I put loadable
> driver disk in.

You do not specify the revision of Openserver you are trying to
install. For Openserver 5.0.0 (and AHS 5.1) you should use the
'bhba' driver.  For Openserver 5.0.2 (and AHS 5.2) the 'bhba' driver
has been replaced by the 'slha' driver.

-Dave

1. Installation of Free SCO using a Trantor SCSI Adapter (old ProAudio Spectrum 16)

Can anyone suggest how to get my CD Reader recognized?
I am attempting to install FREE SCO Unix with a SCSI CD.  It's an NEC
Multispin 3x Plus connected to the old Fusion 16CD sound card with its
on board Trantor SCSI adapter.

I have attempted to give a boot string:

defbootstr adapter=spad(0x201,12,0)

201 is the adapters hex address (at least according to Windows 95 system
information).

SCO Unix doesn't like that.  It issues a warning and fails to recognize
the device.

As I don't have any installation floppies, the CD is my only avenue for
proceeding.

Any direction to go would be appreciated.  I have LOOKED around for
help.  It seems quite sparse for problems occuring before OS.

THANKS

J. C. Eggert

2. GNOME Update

3. SCO Free OpenServer and Creative CD-Blaster 2x CD-ROM

4. IPCHAINS

5. Install SCO OpenServer 5 on NCR SCSI system, how?

6. How to deal with 0-bytes and 0 exit code in qmail-remote?

7. Accessing Dos Partitions under Free SCO Openserver 5.0.2

8. Standalone TCP/IP stack for PPP client w/o ISP connect?

9. Tyan NCR SCSI Controller & Free SCO Install

10. Installing Free SCO Openserver; CD-ROM not recognised

11. Free SCO Openserver (CD -> Floppy Install)

12. (AV) Free Sco OpenServer CD