Dos format Zip Disk (Zip100)

Post by com.. » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello all

Does anyone know how I could format a SCSI Zip Disk in dos format.
The dosformat command doesn't like it, is there any other command that
I can use to achive the same result.

Thanx for any help.  Regards
  Kurt Heine

Dos format Zip Disk (Zip100)

Post by Bill Vermilli » Thu, 24 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Hello all

>Does anyone know how I could format a SCSI Zip Disk in dos format.
>The dosformat command doesn't like it, is there any other command that
>I can use to achive the same result.

I've never tried that option - I use the format and long verify
that ships with the unit on a DOS machine.

Not having tried it - let me hazard a guess.

Look in the /etc/default/msdos file and see how the drives are laid
out there.  Make a new letter, and put the device name to the SCSI
device that the Zip is attached.  Then try it.

I always format with full-verify all of my Zip and Jaz disks - I
just don't trust things until I've tested them myself.

However - have you put a prop

--

1. How to read/write a IOMEGA ZIP100 SCSI drive which is DOS formatted ?

Hello,

I have a customer who wants to read/write DOS files on his ZIP100 SCSI
drive.

This SCSI drive is correctly installed under SOLARIS 2.5 and I just want to
know how to mount it in order to read/write files and  how to use them
on another PC's working under Win95' only.

Actually the used device is /dev/dsk/c0t5d0s5 ...

I don't know SOLARIS environment and don't pratice UNIX since 1996 !

Would you mind sending me some advices ?

Thanks a lot for each response.

2. Latex

3. Installed ZIP but now all file names on my zip disk are in 8.3 DOS??????

4. ssh 2.4 and PAM

5. SLS's a2-disk - DOS-formatted or raw-formatted??

6. NO OUTSIDE ACCESS-HELP SERVER DOWN

7. can't format a dos-formatted floppy disk

8. Error opening root web with Frontpage98 extensions

9. How do I get my disk drive to read DOS formatted disks?

10. Lilo on a Zip disk OR how to make a Zip disk bootable

11. mount a DOS formatted zip on a Solaris host

12. DOS formatted IDE Iomega ZIP's on 3.2-RELEASE

13. Mounting DOS format SCSI ZIP drive with KDE??