stty: tcgetattr failed: No such device (error 19)

stty: tcgetattr failed: No such device (error 19)

Post by kelly » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Ok, I am getting this error when I print.  The printer is a HP Jet,  that
was setup using the HP software.

The problem is in the interface, I know this cause the HP s/w can print to
it,  and I can if I use 'hpnpf'.

Any ideas??

stty: tcgetattr failed: No such device (error 19)

Post by Tom Parson » Tue, 06 Oct 1998 04:00:00

kellyj enscribed:
| Ok, I am getting this error when I print.  The printer is a HP Jet,  that
| was setup using the HP software.
|
| The problem is in the interface, I know this cause the HP s/w can print to
| it,  and I can if I use 'hpnpf'.

Find the applicable /usr/spool/lp/admins/interfaces/model.orig file and
comment out the stty settings.