Boot Manager which will start SCO.

Post by Pete Bennet » Sun, 10 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have a bunch of operating systems on this machine, including SCO and
OS/2 Warp. I use the OS/2 Boot Manager to boot either Windows or OS/2,
but it won't start up SCO.  Does anyone know of a boot manager which
will cope with all three operating systems, and, hopefully, boot off
more than one disk?
Thanks.
--

Twoflower - Internet Tourist in the (hard)Discworld.

| Open Systems Biggot, UNIX and DCE especially. |

Post by Tom » Wed, 13 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> I have a bunch of operating systems on this machine, including SCO and
> OS/2 Warp. I use the OS/2 Boot Manager to boot either Windows or OS/2,
> but it won't start up SCO.  Does anyone know of a boot manager which
> will cope with all three operating systems, and, hopefully, boot off
> more than one disk?
> Thanks.

I have been using System Commander from V Communications for a while
now. I haven't tried any other boot managers, but it's hard to imagine
one better than this one. I'm set up to run Win95, Win311, DOS622 or SCO
UNIX System V r3.2, v4.2. The manual says it works with OS/2 as well. It
sells for less than $100.00. Get It!

Tom

Boot Manager which will start SCO.

Post by Bill Vermilli » Thu, 14 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have a bunch of operating systems on this machine, including SCO and
>OS/2 Warp. I use the OS/2 Boot Manager to boot either Windows or OS/2,
>but it won't start up SCO.  Does anyone know of a boot manager which
>will cope with all three operating systems, and, hopefully, boot off
>more than one disk?
>Thanks.

Boot Manager won't boot SCO.   What I did was take the file
called 'dos' in the root directory and modified it to point to
the boot manager.

That way on bootup at the boot: prompt - if I want Windows or
OS/2 - I type 'dos' - and the OS/2 boot manger comes up.

Most other options require $$ to someone.