mmdf woes

Post by Ian Homewoo » Sat, 11 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi

For some years we have been happily using mmdf on our mail server, until
somebody told us that sendmail is what we should really be using.

Sadly, I decided to conform and tried to convert to sendmail.  I ran into
problems and, because I was short of time, decided to go back to mmdf.
Now, even after restoring everything in sight, we have a problem with the
'From' address on incoming mail.

Mail which has come direct from individuals is correctly shown with the
originating sender in the From address.  Mail which has been forwarded from
news groups, or email groups, shows the address of the group rather than
the originator.

I have checked with the group and it is definitely our problem, other
members do not suffer.

The mail server is running SCO Unix Sys V Rel 3.2 v4.2

The following is the header information we see in Eudora

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:05:39 +0200
Subject: Re: win32api - LockWindowUpdate

Source-Info:  From (or Sender) name not authenticated.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards

Ian Homewood

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. Converting text files from Microsoft to Linux and Linux to Microsoft

3. MMDF Logging Woes

4. best tools for unix sys admin?

5. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

6. booting into command login not Gnome

7. MMDF and .forward (3.2v4.2, MMDF=?)

8. Red Hat and Iomega Ditto

9. net-2 woes (was upgrade woes)

10. How do I adjust MMDF's nameserver timeout?

11. MMDF error when PPP is down!

12. MMDF chops a letter off a host when receiving mail

13. mmdf: List-processor info/docs?