how to setup the tcp/ip on sco unix and novell then both can linkup together

Post by Gary Waldro » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

> Can anybody tell me how to setup the sco unix (v 3.2) and
novell (v 3.12)
> through the tcp/ip linkup both system together.

SCO: The utility is called netconfig
Novell: The utility is called TCPCON (LOAD TCPCON)

Both are menu driven so it's relatively straight forward

Post by Stephen M. Du » Sun, 29 Oct 1995 04:00:00

$Can anybody tell me how to setup the sco unix (v 3.2) and novell (v 3.12)
$through the tcp/ip linkup both system together.

   Sure.  Set them up correctly, and your two systems will be able to
exchange IP packets with each other.

   Any more details you could provide, such as what version of SCO Unix
you have (3.2 doesn't completely describe any version number) and
what form of interaction you wish to see between the two systems,
will probably help you get a more specific answer.  Are you looking
to have one or the other or both mount a filesystem from the other?
Are you looking for the ability for NetWare clients to FTP files
to and from the Unix box?  Are you hoping that the Unix machine
can FTP files directly to and from the NetWare server?

Stephen M. Dunn, CNE, ACE, Sr. Systems Analyst, United System Solutions Inc.
104 Carnforth Road, Toronto, ON, Canada M4A 2K7          (416) 750-7946 x251

1. Help w/ TCP\IP & SCO & Novell

I hope I am posting a question like this is the proper newsgroup.

I am using ethernet & tcpip to access our sco unix server over our
existing novell 3.12 network and I have no problems if the cable from
the pc is hooked to the concentrator that has the file servers on it
but I can't access the server from our second concentrator.

Any suggestions our greatly appreciated.

See Ya!
   Ken

2. Questions about kernel modules.

3. tcp/ip ppp hangup in sco 3242 tcp/ip 121

4. CD-ROM Burner & Linux

5. "Novell-like","non-TCP/IP","networking" OS to place Unix

6. Modem problem

7. Novell, TCP/IP, UNIX

8. startup errors

9. PC(Novell-Arcnet) <--> UNIX(TCP/IP)

10. QUEST: Access via TCP/IP (UNIX) to Novell Server (Telnet, ftp, or NFS mount?)

11. QUEST: TCP/IP (UNIX) access to Novell volumes (Telnet, ftp,NFS mount?)

12. SCO TCP/IP setup

13. TCP/IP Stack for SCO Unix V/386 Release 3.2?