Determining the IP address for a psuedo tty

Determining the IP address for a psuedo tty

Post by Juhn Van Ostra » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I need a way to find the IP address for a psuedo tty on SCO Unix 3.2.4.2. I
remember seeing an alternate 'who' command a couple of years back but I can't
find it today.

Any one know of a way.

Thanks in advance.

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:Juhn Van Ostrand writes:
> I need a way to find the IP address for a psuedo tty on SCO Unix 3.2.4.2. I
> remember seeing an alternate 'who' command a couple of years back but I can't
> find it today.

        nwho, in tls059b

--

1. Determining IP address from MAC address

Hi,

   I have a MAC address for a given system and need to be able to
programatically determine it's IP address for use with a TCP-IP based
application.  Clearly, the ip address might be in the arp table for ced
host but the problem occurs when it is not.  The options as I see it
are

1) broadcast ping (programmatically horrible as every host on the
network will respond)
2) inverse arp lookup

My questions are:

1) Does linux support the inverse arp protocol, as various resources
I've seen indicate it is primarily used for frame relay?  If so could
you direct me to the appropriate resources as I've been unable to
determine if linux supports this.

2) What other methods could I use to obtain this information?

Regards
Ian Neal

2. hp650c - jetdirect - driver???

3. How to determine a mac address on a remote computer with only ip address known?

4. Looking for 'top' precompiled binary (3.2 2 i386)

5. How can I convert a tty address to an IP address in older SCO UNIX

6. tcsh & globbing problem

7. Psuedo tty - simple query

8. PCI-SCSI negative article in May 1, 1995 Network Computing

9. Psuedo ttys

10. Zombie logins on psuedo-ttys

11. Need psuedo tty on IRIX 6.5

12. Psuedo tty problem & Compaq?

13. Xterm aborts because "cannot open psuedo tty"