SCO Open Server 5.04 - Unable to configure PPP Link

SCO Open Server 5.04 - Unable to configure PPP Link

Post by Paul William » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a Compaq Proliant 1600 running SCO Open Server v5.04. When using
NETCONFIG to create a PPP WAN link I get the message :

        "No Protocol Stacks available on the system are supported by this
device"

On a recommendation from our Australian SCO distributor, I removed the LAN
Card Driver and relinked the kernel and then re-installed the Lan Driver. I
was unable to completely remove Networking as I was not permitted to remove
the SCO Loopback driver.

Has

a) Anyone seen this problem before and what was the fix ?
b) Can anybody recommend a course of action to follow ?

Kind Regards

Paul Williams

1. Oracle Server Manager GUI and SCO Open server 5.04

I am unable to run the GUI version Oracle Server Manager in SCO openserver
enterprise 5.04 environment. The program exits with a brief error message
(TK2-00001: An oracle tool kit failure).  The installation manual has a note
about SLS OSS430A, which is a supplement for openserver 5.00 and 5.02. This
supplement is not installable for 5.04. I was wondering if I am missing a
patch or a fixup?  The Oracle version that I am running is 7.3.3.

Thanks in advance

2. PC/XT as Linux terminal

3. Problems configuring HP DeskJet with Open Server 5.04

4. floppy won't mount

5. Sco Foxbase + with Open Server 5.04

6. How to change the default font for X apps

7. Configure dynamic PPP server under SCO Open Server 5.0

8. Card with HP Scanners, NCR 53c416

9. Open server 5.04 enterprise/Oracle 7.3.3 GUI Server Manager

10. How to Configure a Default Gateway for SCO 5.04

11. driver D-LINK DE-530 CT for SCO osr 5.04

12. Win95 PPP to Sco 5.04

13. Netscape Proxy server under sco 5.04