Problem executing filesystem manager

Post by Bill & Jean Zimmerma » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I get the following message when I try invoking Filesystem Manager:

Could not get authorization data for Filesystem manager.
vaphilpa failed to connect to vaphilpa.

Please check the following:
   * your network configuration
   * your network connection
   * rhost permissions on the remote site
   * that SCOadmin is installed at the remote site
Failure with connection to server.
Remote child on machine vaphilpa.phi_resources.va.gov has terminated.
The child program /etc/sysadm.d/bin/osaserver has terminated.
Server process exited with exit(1).
Error with server process: vaphilpa.phi_resources.va.gov: Unknown host

The cause was probably changes I made to APFS and TCP/IP to conform to
local standards.
I restored the original configuration causing the error shown above.  I do
not know where
the host name ending with "va.gov" originates.  I viewed all of the options
under netconfig
and made any necessary changes.  I removed all references from the files in
/etc that would
have contained this string (grep 'va.gov' /etc/*).

1. Filesystem manager problems

After installing networking in SCO Openserver Enterprise 5, it's no
longer possible to run the filesystem manager. "scoadmin filesys" returns
with errorcode 130. If I wait long enough (several minutes), the
filemanager will eventually start but it's not possible to change NFS
settings (disabled in menus). Selecting "open host..." from the file-menu
returns an error message stating that "remote host management is
currently not available"

BTW: The system is installed using Compaq Smartstart 3.30

Any ideas?

H.M.Haga

2. Minicom

3. Error while executing ′PPP Manager′ (exit code: 255)

4. Can't boot from SCSI if IDE is on

5. Help:File Manager not Executing

6. Master Boot Record

7. Executing ZMAGIC binary on a 4K blocksize filesystem :(

8. PPP & Modem Madness - Please Help

9. Preventing users executing bins on a filesystem

10. executing applications without using filesystem

11. execute a script copied from dos filesystem?

12. executing applications without using filesystem

13. Could not get authorization data for Filesystem manager