DNS Server for SCO available freely anywhere?

DNS Server for SCO available freely anywhere?

Post by N.Curt » Fri, 24 May 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a dns server for Sco
that I can compile for use on an internal IP network, or any
modifications I would need to make to current named source that
I can find?? Please Cc: all replies to me

Cheers,

Post by Bill Campbe » Sat, 25 May 1996 04:00:00

: Does anyone know of the whereabouts of a dns server for Sco
: that I can compile for use on an internal IP network, or any
: modifications I would need to make to current named source that
: I can find?? Please Cc: all replies to me

Why wouldn't you be able to use the regular named on an internal
network?  Certainly I've run it on my systems here when they weren't
connected to the Internet and everything worked OK (I didn't try to
get to sites that would require external resolution).

I haven't tried using an empty cache file which might keep it from
trying to search for names that weren't on the internal network
because there weren't any problems running with the standard setup.

Bill
--

UUCP:              camco!bill   2835 82nd Avenue S.E. S-100
FAX:           (206) 232-9186   Mercer Island, WA 98040; (206) 947-5591

DNS Server for SCO available freely anywhere?

Post by SkyNot » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

dns comes with sco