Bad boot disk (installation disk2)

Post by Bitterlich, Matthias R.H » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I can't install UW 7.0.1 promo for the installation programm doesn't
recognize the 2nd boot disk.
I made two boot disks from those images contained on the CD, but it
still wouldn't work.

What shall I do, or what is wrong?

Best regards, Matthias Bitterlich

1. Install RH7.1 on disk2, NT4 on disk1, boot only from floppy on disk2 (linux)

I would like to achieve the following:
1. I have two hard drives (EIDE): C and D
2. On C I have WinNT4SP6a
3. On D I want to put RH 7.1
4. I want my PC to boot automatically on NT (no lilo, nothing;
basically I do not want drive C to be "touched")
5. Iff I wish, then using a floppy I will boot onto D and Linux
6. Linux and NT will share nothing

Is this possible and how? I was thinking of disconnecting C: while
installing
on D: and then following FAQ to boot from floppy on hard disk.

Kind regards,
Petros
---
Petros Dafniotis, PhD

2. linuxconf can't find dhcpd

3. Problems with Emergency recovery disk set...bad boot disk!

4. chfn, how remove info

5. thinkpad a30 boot on disk2 fails

6. Sound on ThinkPad 755CX

7. Boot chooser to go to disk2

8. MW1122 software

9. Help: Can't boot-up from boot-disk after installation

10. Installation Problems (Boot Disk Won't Boot!)

11. Bad magic number in disk label on Sparc 4: boot cdrom

12. Bad magic number / Can't open disk label package / Can't open boot device