TTY activity

Post by mo.. » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

This may seem like a fairly novice question and put off all those of you who I sent resume's to that said I "knew" Unix, but I'm
having some trouble with sh not releasing a COM port back to getty after someone's disconnected.  I've noticed that /dev/tty1a
shows the last time the tty was written to and I could have a process kill the sh if tty1a hasn't seen any activity that way, but if there's
a more orthodox method, I'd really appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Monte Mitzelfelt
Candid Color Systems

1. intense disk or tty activity SEGV's X

Lately, using the nForce IDE driver I have noticed a few glitches with
it that affect stability.

I use the BK tree for my kernel source. Lately, if I 1) clone a fresh
tree (i pull from a few places so sometimes there are some boggling
conflicts that a fresh tree fixes) or 2) run a bk pull, X will SEGV out
of nowhere. At first I thought it was the amount of disk activity.

But after reading the saga of the flukey tty code in the kernel, I am
thinking this could also be because of that? Lots of stuff scrolls by
when doing a bk clone, and when resolve runs after a bk pull there is
often lots of output.

There is no oops at all, nor anything that might be of help in dmesg.
Any ideas? I started noticing it around halfway through 2.5.56...

Regards
Josh

  application_pgp-signature_part
< 1K Download

2. scheme on unix

3. Monitoring TTY activity

4. Linux and DX4 100 ODs?

5. Netowrk activity with no activity?

6. ICL32

7. How to map a tty port to another tty port

8. problem with video card (KYRO)

9. creating tty's, mknod, stuck after boot with wrong tty - help

10. problems with tty, U469036 - bos.rte.tty.4.3.2.9

11. - can one change tty modes for tty not stdio ?

12. tty, tty... where art thou ...?

13. tty problem: only root and non-X get tty!