Hardware diagnostics

Post by dougawe.. » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a script or program that will probe the system and
return specific hardware information such as amount of RAM, type of
video card, type of SCSI controller, etc.?

Seems like there must be something out there that does this.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Hardware diagnostics

Post by Tony Lawrenc » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

> Does anyone know of a script or program that will probe the system and
> return specific hardware information such as amount of RAM, type of
> video card, type of SCSI controller, etc.?

> Seems like there must be something out there that does this.

If you are running Open Server, "hw -v" does that- see "man
hw" for more options.

--

SCO/Linux articles, help, book reviews, tests,
job listings and more : http://www.pcunix.com

Hardware diagnostics

Post by Ian Peatt » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>Does anyone know of a script or program that will probe the system and
>return specific hardware information such as amount of RAM, type of
>video card, type of SCSI controller, etc.?

Depending on what version you are running, you may have the 'hw' command
which will give you all this and more. Otherwise, 'hwconfig' and 'memsize'
might give you some of the info you want.

         Ian.
--

Hardware diagnostics

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Ian Peattie propounded (on Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 11:32:21PM -0000):

| >Does anyone know of a script or program that will probe the system and
| >return specific hardware information such as amount of RAM, type of
| >video card, type of SCSI controller, etc.?
|
| Depending on what version you are running, you may have the 'hw' command
| which will give you all this and more. Otherwise, 'hwconfig' and 'memsize'
| might give you some of the info you want.

'hw' will run on any version of OpenServer, including the ones on which
it was not shipped, and it will also run on ODT or Unix 3.2v4

SCO has allowed me to make it available on ftp.sco.com.

--
JP