I've got some experience in Unix but not especially with SCO. Recently I
visited the company where my girlfriend works and took a look at their
Backup is done there by 'tar -cv8 /' to a DAT Tape.
Now I'm looking (not for my personal profit) for a backup-method which:
- performs an full image backup (including all files you need for fast
recovery after a disk crash)
- performs a verify after backing up
- allows to restore files selectively
- does some logging during backup for checking if backup was done
- is save enough to run it as cron job
The computer to be backuped is a single PC running SCO Server. No
network dependencies have to be considered.
because I am going on vacation and within the newsgroup the message will
be out of date until I am back (on Aug, 14).
Thanks a lot.