SWIM

Post by Peri » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Previously I said:

Quote:> I phoned Friday, to inquire about the 5.06 swim shipment.

> They say they have no SSL cd's so that is why the SWIM has not been
> shipped.

> They said they would have my sales rep call me to give me an
> update of when something would be shipped.

Well after 1 week, NOBODY has called me back yet. So I will be
phoning again this coming week.

Peri.

SWIM

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Peri propounded (on Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 10:48:25AM -0700):
| Previously I said:
|
| > I phoned Friday, to inquire about the 5.06 swim shipment.
| >
| > They say they have no SSL cd's so that is why the SWIM has not been
| > shipped.
| >
| > They said they would have my sales rep call me to give me an
| > update of when something would be shipped.
| >

| Well after 1 week, NOBODY has called me back yet. So I will be
| phoning again this coming week.

After lodging a complaint with certain parties at SCO, someone at SCOSS
called me three days ago (sorry, I didn't retain her name) to discuss my
SWIM subscription.

I told her I didn't have one and didn't want one either, and had been
running 5.0.6 on jpradley.jpr.com since before Labor Day.  That threw her:
she didn't understand why my name had been given to her.  I told her to
read her email more carefully.

She said that SCOSS had been waiting for a "supplemental CD" (about whose
contents she knew nothing) and that shipments of 5.0.6 should begin next
week.

I asked that she post that news in this newsgroup. She said she would,
but once again, she didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

--
JP

SWIM

Post by Peri » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Interesting stuff JP !

Now I should point out, that when I said I phoned friday,,,,,
that was a week ago friday (Sep 22), and not yesterday

Peri

> Peri propounded (on Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 10:48:25AM -0700):
> | Previously I said:
> |
> | > I phoned Friday, to inquire about the 5.06 swim shipment.
> | >
> | > They say they have no SSL cd's so that is why the SWIM has not been
> | > shipped.
> | >
> | > They said they would have my sales rep call me to give me an
> | > update of when something would be shipped.
> | >

> | Well after 1 week, NOBODY has called me back yet. So I will be
> | phoning again this coming week.
> After lodging a complaint with certain parties at SCO, someone at SCOSS
> called me three days ago (sorry, I didn't retain her name) to discuss my
> SWIM subscription.

> I told her I didn't have one and didn't want one either, and had been
> running 5.0.6 on jpradley.jpr.com since before Labor Day.  That threw her:
> she didn't understand why my name had been given to her.  I told her to
> read her email more carefully.

> She said that SCOSS had been waiting for a "supplemental CD" (about whose
> contents she knew nothing) and that shipments of 5.0.6 should begin next
> week.

> I asked that she post that news in this newsgroup. She said she would,
> but once again, she didn't have a clue what she was talking about.

> --
> JP

http://www.geocities.com/FashionAvenue/5088/      Summaries
DAILY What's NEW Summary, HOT Limited Offers, MEGA-LINK sites,
ELF Surfers Summary, FREE Designs Room, Categories, Holidays.

1. SWiM FileSelectionDialog problem

Has anyone seen a problem with the SWiM Motif  version 2.0
and the FileSelectionDialog widget?  I have read the Motif
FAQ, but could not find a FAQ for SWiM (or a newsgroup for
that matter).

Here is the scenario:  Just a simple call to
XmCreateFileSelectionDialog.  I would expect a FSD widget
that has the current  working directory, and probably a
filter of '*'.  Instead, I get a FSD, but there are no
directories and no files and no filter.  I doo get a system
beep from my  speakers just before it pops-up, but that means
nothing to me.  Any ideas are appreciated.

Don't know if it matters, but I am running kernel version
1.1.59 with SWiM's mwm and the Motif 2.0 libraries.  I am
using an old version of XFree86 (2.1 I think).

Thanks in advance.
-gw

2. How Sticky Are CableModem AUPs?

3. Swim 2.0 File Selction Problem

4. LinuxSecurity Week, June 12

5. Swim motif experiences?

6. scsi/imm.c compile errors in 2.5.60

7. SWiM Motif compilation and link problems.

8. 1024x768 vs. 640x480 dot-clock problem

9. FS openserver 5 and SWIM

10. I am wanting a SWiM motif

11. SWiM Motif 2.0 Install question

12. SWiM Problem - libXm.so.2 Solution