Multitech MT2834ZDX Dialer??? (sorry)

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

| Sorry about that...
|
| Open Server 5

| >|
| >| Anyone know how to get a modem, ie, the above to work at speeds faster
| >| than 2400baud?  Would appreciate either a dialer.c or some advice.
|
| >What operating system?
|
| >Dial-in?
| >Dial-out?
| >Did you try to make up your own atdialer?

Since my ouija board is broken, I am unable to surmise
what your real problem is.

Let's see where we are...

Did you happen to notice that I posted four questions,
but that you responded to just one?

--

Post by Mark Ra » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

>Specifically, the error I am getting is "Bad Baud Rate" (56700) Any
>Idea.  The "got-it" string is "CONNECT 9600" when I connect to my host
>at the office.  (SCO UNIX ON WYSE-7000 with TELEBIT)

Where's the "56700" coming from?  You probably mean 57600, and I'm not
sure that the atdialer supports it (in OSE5.0.0d or earlier, that is.  It
might in some of the faststart or other bundles).  A quick glance at
atdialer.c confirms that there's no mention of any speed faster than
38400.  Does it work at 38400?

If not, you might try posting a message that includes the full text of
your /etc/default/atdialYOURMODEM config file and the exact sequence of
commands and exact error messages.
--

"Can machines think?  Can submarines swim?"  -- Dijkstra

Multitech MT2834ZDX Dialer??? (sorry)

Post by b.. » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Dear Jean-Pierre,

Ever have a bad systems day??? I have been working with SCO stuff for
about 13 years, but of course I HATE modems! I actually want to use it
for dial-in and dial-out. As far as making an atdialer goes, no I
haven't tried yet. I figured that since this modem is not that obscure
that maybe somebody already had something.

Specifically, the error I am getting is "Bad Baud Rate" (56700) Any
Idea.  The "got-it" string is "CONNECT 9600" when I connect to my host
at the office.  (SCO UNIX ON WYSE-7000 with TELEBIT)

I am using dialMUL and have tried commenting out some lines here and
there to no avail.

I know the modem is okay because if I cu -l /dev/tty2a and hand ATDT
it works great!

Oh, I'm actually the Dir of MIS for Jacoby & Meyers, but I have been
working on way too many marketing projects. Perhaps I am turning into
an end user....

>| Sorry about that...
>|
>| Open Server 5
>|

>| >|

>| >What operating system?
>|
>| >Dial-in?
>| >Dial-out?
>| >Did you try to make up your own atdialer?
>Since my ouija board is broken, I am unable to surmise
>what your real problem is.
>Let's see where we are...
>Did you happen to notice that I posted four questions,
>but that you responded to just one?
>--

1. Multitech MT2834ZDX Dialer???

| Anyone know how to get a modem, ie, the above to work at speeds faster
| than 2400baud?  Would appreciate either a dialer.c or some advice.

What operating system?

Dial-in?
Dial-out?
Did you try to make up your own atdialer?

--

2. Seeking more info on Netgear 100Mbps NICs and HUB

3. MultiTech MT3428ZDX dialer

4. With FTP, who needs samba?

5. Dialer program for Multitech MT2834ZDXI

6. bizarre gnome 2.0 keyboard problem

7. Multitech 56k

8. X-Windows crashing after loading

9. Multitech 9600 settings

10. Multitech mulitport IO card

11. Multitech MultiModemISI-3334/4

12. My MultiTech Modem settings for Unix and Faximum

13. Multitech MultimodemISI