1. NFS clients hang redhat linux 7.3 and limbo clients accessing auspex ns2000
We are using an Auspex ns2000 at the office for serving a lot
of different directories including our home directories. The
mounting is controlled with amd getting maps from nis. This
has worked reasonably well for all of our UNIX boxes and Linux
boxes... until I upgraded my desktop to RedHat 7.3 and an adv.
development box to Limbo (kernel version 2.4.18-5 and 2.4.18-5.58
Processes on both of these boxes routinely hang when reading or
writing large files on the Auspex. Things like ls work fine most
of the time. Until I started to experience this problem we did
not mount with intr, that meant that when it happened, I couldn't
even kill the processes. I've fixed that, but I can not get the
hangs to stop. The mount parameters are:
I have messed around with using a smaller rsize and wsize, but that
results in the message
NFS: short packet in readdir reply!
and does not fix the hang. I read some discussion that the above
message indicates that the reply is packet is bigger than the buffer
the client has set aside to read it. The adminstrators of the Auspex
say that they were instructed, by Auspex, to set the rsize and wsize
on the server to 32768.
Any suggestions on what will resolve this problem? Do I need to tweak
my settings or get the Auspex admins to tweak theirs? Or do some
880 Winter St., Bldg 4 http://schoeller.ne.client2.attbi.com/
Waltham, MA 02454 781.663.4507
"Er ist ein Narr, der meint, es sei nicht schad, das Kind
auszuschtten mit dem Bad" - Thomas Murner 1512
2. My God! Tab completion is dead! (not for root)
3. problem with NFS client mount at boot up if client
4. Linux Answering Machine
5. NFS client daemon noy starting in client..
6. limiting lpr to 80 columns
7. NT nfs client, NT xwindows client?
8. 1/2" tapes
9. Awful NFS client perf. w/AIX NFS server
10. Tracing NFS Clients on the NFS Server ?
11. nfs clients don't see other mounts under nfs export
12. Problem NFS client: (NFS)lockdsvc: Connection refused
13. SCO NFS client with HP/Apollo NFS server?