HELP ON CPIO RESTORE.

Post by Brandon Y » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I am just trying to restore some files via CPIO, I don't want to restore
files from the "/u" filesytem, just from
the root file system.

The command I am using now is:

CPIO -icvdumBA </dev/rStp0

How do I exclude the "/u"?

Thanks,
Brandon

HELP ON CPIO RESTORE.

Post by Mark A. Brenn » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>I am just trying to restore some files via CPIO, I don't want to restore
>files from the "/u" filesytem, just from
>the root file system.

>The command I am using now is:

>CPIO -icvdumBA </dev/rStp0

>How do I exclude the "/u"?

>Thanks,
>Brandon

Try the following

cpio -ocvdumBAf  "/u" < /dev/rStp0

HELP ON CPIO RESTORE.

Post by Donald Scot » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Brandon,

maybe you could umount the fs & then you'll get errors, but it should be ok.

ds

1. Help - can't restore a folder with tar -xp or cpio -im!

Hi:

I am using RedHat 5.2.

Please help me.  I try to restore a folder with this command:
tar -xp /usr/data/bird_data/point/

But it never returns.  Should I wait longer or run it some other way?

Should I use cpio and if so, how would I restore above folder?  Does it
just write over the current folder?

Thanks in advance.  Please also reply to my email.

2. desktop preferences won't stick after reboot

3. Need help with command syntax for performing a remote cpio restore

4. Mouse doesn't work in X, LILO gives LI101010101...

5. Help needed on restoring files from cpio backups, SCO 3.2

6. Can a user-level program detect bad memory addresses?

7. Help.... cpio restore and installboot

8. Mounting Maxtor 1Gb drive under Linux (formatted with win95?)

9. cpio restore and owner of directories

10. tar and cpio restore

11. CPIO restore to a different directory ? - Solaris 2.3

12. restore from cpio

13. Ack!! cpio restore command!!!