SCO OpenServer Release 3.2 Version 4.2

Post by Manu » Sat, 28 Jun 1997 04:00:00

 Hello to all,

I have a problem, I must work under UNIX SCO OpenServer Release 3.2 Version
4.2. So I want to install an X-Windows on it.

I have found binaries of XFree (3.1.2) for SCO, but when I launch 'startx'
it return to me:

 TRANS(PTSOpenClient): failed to open /dev/X/server.0

 TRANS(PTSOpenClient): ioctl(I_FDINSERT or I_SENDFD) failed

 TRANS(PTSOpenClient): error from getmsg

 TRANS(Open): transport open failed for local/be.fime

 xinit I/O error( 5 )

 ............... ( 3 )

If someone can help me? I have OpenServer and  the development kit
(OpenDeskop Development System Release 3.0).

Best regards,

1. Problem with Serial Link on SCO UNIX Release 3.2 Version 4.2

Hi

I have a SCO UNIX 3.2 / 4.2 box with the main console and just one terminal connected through the serial port COM1.

The system works fine from the main console, but when I use the terminal I have to press each key twice for it to be recognised by the computer apart from the first key I press.

Also, if I leave the computer for a few seconds and come back to it I only have to press the first key I need once but every other key twice.

The terminal is running TinyTERM under Windows 95 using SCOANSI emulation.

Has anyone had this problem and does anyone have a solution?

Thanks in advance

Jason Fisher
Ballymore
41-43 Cheshire St
London
E2 6EE

2. Installing onto a Presario 1640

3. SCO UNIX Release 3.2 Version 2.0

4. Gnu products for AIX 1.1 PS/2 ??

5. License problem in upgrade SCO 3.2 to SCO Openserver 5

6. Can't Boot after Partition Magic Manipulation

7. Changing my default gateway setting in SCO 3.2 v 4.2: How?

8. java plugin lost with netscape 7.01 install ??

9. MO Fujitsu 640MB and SCO 3.2 4.2

10. Print from SCO 3.2/4.2 to Win 95 via eithernet

11. tcp/ip Sco Unix Rel 3.2 v 4.2

12. SCO 3.2 Ver 4.2 and DOS

13. SCO 3.2 4.2 does not work with Adaptec 2940AU