Morning Star PPP

Post by Robert Kovaci » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I noticed a new pre-release version (I think it was 2.1.1?) was recently
availabe for download at the SCO site. It is no longer there and I have
not seen any reference to a production updated version. Does anyone have
any info please?

Morning Star PPP

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Robert Kovacic telecommunicated (on 24Jan):
| I noticed a new pre-release version (I think it was 2.1.1?) was recently
| availabe for download at the SCO site. It is no longer there and I have
| not seen any reference to a production updated version. Does anyone have
| any info please?

MST PPP was included in the Internet Fast Start release of OSR 5, and it
is now part of OSR 5.0.4.

--

Morning Star PPP

Post by Robert Kovaci » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Yes I realise that. I am running SCO OpenServer 5.0.4. The pre-release
version I was referring to appeared to be an update to the one in OSR 5.0.4

Quote:

> MST PPP was included in the Internet Fast Start release of OSR 5, and it
> is now part of OSR 5.0.4.

1. SCO PPP vs Morning Star PPP

Hi,

I've just been playing around with 5.0.4 and am trying to decide whether
to keep using SCO PPP or switch to Morningstar PPP when I actually get
around to upgrading our main server (currently 5.0.2).  We maintain a
permanent internet link via modem plus have a number of remote users
dialing in using PPP and also access most of our client sites using PPP.
We have had very few problems at all with SCO PPP and would be quite
happy to keep on using it.  However, SCO seem to be pushing Morningstar
PPP for internet related stuff.

What benefits would I get from switching to Morningstar PPP?

TIA.

Scott.

MU Systems Pty Ltd                                Phone: +61 7 3351 6677
Brisbane Australia
Authorised SCO Reseller       C & Informix Development & Support for SCO

2. wheel-mouse & scrollbars

3. Morning Star PPP

4. libXt loading error. Where can I get the libXt ?

5. More help needed with Morning Star PPP

6. Silly RH 7.2 problem and fix

7. Morning Star PPP Connection Problem

8. help on ethernet card installation

9. USING SCO MORNING STAR PPP AND WORLNDET.

10. SCO and morning star ppp

11. Help with Morning Star PPP

12. Morning Star PPP Connection

13. Morning Star PPP license