Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by Web Admi » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I'm running SCO 5.0.4, and this happened to two of my accounts who
haven't been online for about 3 weeks.  I can't find ANYTHING to fix
this, the onlything that comes remotely close is
"administrativeLockApplied" in usermod, but that's not it.  I don't want
to create another account for these users.  Suggestions/tutorial/kick in
the head/even a "Read Page XX of the FM!" are greatly appreciated.

Henry Van Bogaert

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by urbancom.net Web Admi » Thu, 09 Jul 1998 04:00:00

SOLVED!  Thanks to all who taught me how to read!

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by Jean-Gu » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

In the account administration tool choose Remove lock

Jean-Guy

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by Jeff Lieberma » Fri, 10 Jul 1998 04:00:00

On Wed, 08 Jul 1998 11:22:30 -0500, Web Admin

>I'm running SCO 5.0.4, and this happened to two of my accounts who
>haven't been online for about 3 weeks.  I can't find ANYTHING to fix
>this, the onlything that comes remotely close is
>"administrativeLockApplied" in usermod, but that's not it.  I don't want
>to create another account for these users.  Suggestions/tutorial/kick in
>the head/even a "Read Page XX of the FM!" are greatly appreciated.

I know that you the solution, but you might find this script
useful.  Having passwords expire is only one readon to have an
account magically become "locked".  The fun one is having a
remote network printer lpr printerlogin to the server, but fail
to find a home directory in /usr/spool/lpd/printername which
causes the login to fail.  Repeat a few times and ttyp0 (pseudo
tty) becomes locked and telnet logins begin to fail.  I wrote
this script to inform me of the problem.

-----------------------  cut here -----------------------
:

# by Jeff Liebermann 03/12/95
#
# test for user login locks
cd /tcb/files/auth
users=`find . -type f -print`   # get list of users.
for i in $users                 # for each user.
do
    if (grep ':u_lock:' $i > /dev/null)           # any acct locks?
    then                                        # tell someone
        echo "Acct: `basename $i` is locked"
    fi

    if (grep ':u_type=retired:' $i > /dev/null) # retired?
    then                                        # tell someone
        echo "Acct: `basename $i` is retired"
    fi
done

:
# test for tty locks
if (grep ':t_lock:' /etc/auth/system/ttys > /dev/null)
then
    # get the ttys with the locks
    echo "Terminals:`grep ':t_lock:' /etc/auth/system/ttys \
    | cut -d: -f1`\nare locked"
fi

150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA  95060
408-699-0483 pager   408-429-1240 fax
http://www.cruzio.com/~jeffl/sco/   SCO stuff

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by Patrice Dagenai » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,
 I have the same problem and I did not have the time to read the answer.Can
you send me the answer via email...

Thanks.

Patrice

urbancom.net Web Admin a crit dans le message

Quote:>SOLVED!  Thanks to all who taught me how to read!

Help: Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Post by Ray Robe » Mon, 13 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
> I have the same problem and I did not have the time to read the
answer.Can
>you send me the answer via email...

>Thanks.

>Patrice

Accounts can be intentionally disabled.  More likely in your
case they were automatically disabled when, e.g., the password
expired or too many consecutive, unsuccessful login attempts
were tried.

Go into the User Account Manager (via scoadmin, if on a
character-based terminal).  Select the user.  Then click on
Users->Login Controls.

Ray Robert
Three Star Software, Inc.
Portland OR

1. Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator

Hi, Gurus !

I have a NIS server running on AU500 with 4.0D and several NIS clients on
4.0A, 4.0D, 4.0F. I've created a new NIS  user today. On NIS server new
account works perfect, but when I tried to login to any of NIS clients
it shows me the error message "Account is disabled -- see Account Administrator".
When I use SSH to login remotely, it shows "Authentication successful."
and again the same error message after that.
Could you please help me to resolve this problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Dmitry

P.S. Linux NIS client works well as before.

2. Problem on CD-ROM (PCMCIA Interface) drive

3. "Account id disabled -- See Account Adminstrator.

4. C: get absolute path to a file from relative path

5. Terminal disabled -- see Account Administrator??

6. Info on Cyclades boards...

7. Intellimouse(sp?)

8. /etc/account (was: Re: locked my root account...help !)

9. Account is disabled. help me

10. Need Help!!!! OSF Account Disabled

11. All login accounts disabled! HELP!

12. AliasMatch from ~/account to /users/account