******* Help with SMP PLEASE! ************

Post by sh.. » Fri, 07 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I have Open Server Enterprise 5.0.2.  I recently installed and licensed the
SMP software for my server running dual P166's.  I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI
controller and a HP 2.1G hd.

After relinking the kernel and rebooting the system hangs with a "G" in the
device listing right after it recognizes the tape drive.  I had to remove the
SMP software and relink again in order for the sytem to boot off of unix
(obviously).

Has anyone else ran into this?  Does anyone know the fix?  I have been to
SCO's website but found nothing referring to this problem.

Also I didn't see any notes regarding this problem in the AHS5.2 release
supplement.  Maybe I just missed something.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

******* Help with SMP PLEASE! ************

Post by /u/belal/./.mailbo » Sat, 08 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I have Open Server Enterprise 5.0.2.  I recently installed and licensed the
> SMP software for my server running dual P166's.  I have an Adaptec 2940 SCSI
> controller and a HP 2.1G hd.

> After relinking the kernel and rebooting the system hangs with a "G" in the
> device listing right after it recognizes the tape drive.  I had to remove the
> SMP software and relink again in order for the sytem to boot off of unix
> (obviously).

> Has anyone else ran into this?  Does anyone know the fix?  I have been to
> SCO's website but found nothing referring to this problem.

> Also I didn't see any notes regarding this problem in the AHS5.2 release
> supplement.  Maybe I just missed something.

AHS 5.2 is probably what you need.  It adds support for Intel MPS 1.4;
without it, 5.0.0/5.0.2 SMP support only MPS 1.1.  (I didn't quite
understand from your question whether you'd already tried AHS 5.2, or if
you were trying to ask whether to try it...)
Quote:>Bela<

1. PLEASE PLEASE HELP Major problem with my SCSI & Redhat 5.0 PLEASE Help

Everything ran WONDERFUL for about 4 months this machine ran several
servers it is a UDB w/ 340mb SCSI (SLOW 5mb) half inch internal hard
drive.  32 megs of true parity ram, Red hat 5.0 I get the following
error

NCR53-810-0: ERROR (0:48) (0-20-0) (8/33) * scripth (868:18000400).
NCR53-810-0: Script cmd = 888030000
NCR53-810-0: regdump : da 10 80 33 47 08 00 1f 01 08 00 28 80 00 08 00
NCR53-810-0: have to clear fifos

What the HELL is this and is there anyway to fix it ?  It seems to
occur when doing file writing, when i try to tar something for example
it will go into a continual unending loop displaying the above error
message.  I have refdisked, formated, and clean installed redhat and
the problem is still there :( Please help, if at all possible mail

2. Kernel panic: skput:over: 00146294:4096

4. Is there a way to disable PW On Sparc20?

5. NFS please help me please please please sniff

6. keymaps: How to make dvorak the system default?

7. CMD649 on SMP 2.4.19-pre10-ac2: still not working: please help

8. problem with repeating space key

9. SMP and sig 11 -- more likely? (please help!)

10. SMP Hang, please help

11. Please help: Linux 2.2.18 SMP Crash

12. Please help: Does SMP work??

13. bootinfo -p show 'chrp' on AIX 4.3 SMP f30 box - please help