Can I lock a telnet session to defined pseudo tty ?

Can I lock a telnet session to defined pseudo tty ?

Post by Stefano Colan » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I need to lock a telnet session from a defined I.P. address to a
defined pseudo tty. Is it possible?

thanks
Stefano

-------------------------------
Ducati 851 Strada '92 il fulmine rosso (da solo)
BMW F650 (con consorte)

Post by Roberto Zi » Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>I need to lock a telnet session from a defined I.P. address to a
>defined pseudo tty. Is it possible?

>thanks
>Stefano

>-------------------------------
>Ducati 851 Strada '92 il fulmine rosso (da solo)
>BMW F650 (con consorte)

Hi !

AFAIK, it's not possible to bind a particular IP-address to a
specific pseudo tty-port since they're assigned dynamically
on your unknown operating system (I hope this is a SCO one).

However, if you're trying to assign some UNIX specific tasks to
a particular client telnetting in, remember that if you're using
SCO OS5 you can retrieve the IP node (or the mnemonic name)
of the remote host by combining the output of "basename `tty`"
with the who -X one, with a bit of AWK. If you're using an ancient
version of SCO UNIX (up to 3.2v4.2) then you can use
TLS059b (nwho) which gives basically the same results.

Hope this helps !

Best,
Roberto

--
Please remove the ending "dy" from my Email address if you want to reply

Strhold Sistemi EDP
Reggio Emilia      ITALY
"Has anybody seen an aircraft carrier around ?"
        (Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

1. view a tty console session from a telnet session.

is there a way to see the status of a session running on one of the console
tty screens, when connecting from a telnet session.

reasoning is frequently run make scripts at office and would like to see
where theya re at when get home.

2. Need to control Telnet Access

3. PPP/Telnet - What tty invoked a telnet session?

4. Observe server process

5. pseudo tty's locking

6. GS support for brothers printer?

7. Pseudo ttys + Telnet

8. Running Ver. 5.1A Tru64 in 32-bit mode

9. Q:Pseudo-TTY with background telnet

10. How can I fix pseudo tty of telnet

11. Telnet session as DOS pseudo-COM?

12. Good book on tty, pseudo tty, termio etc ?

13. Reading TTY/Pseudo TTY Programming