Problem adding remote windows printer in AFPS

Problem adding remote windows printer in AFPS

Post by Peter Mar » Sun, 12 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I've just installed osr5.0.4 and afps, and am trying to use a
shared printer from a Windows 95 workstation on my LAN.  My
immediate problem is that the keyword "Share Name:" appears on
the "Use Shared Printer on Windows Client" popup without a
corresponding entry field.

The LAN and TCP/IP are working.  AFPS is working to the extent
that I can browse the LAN successfully with "net view".  In fact
all the net commands seem to work except for "net device", which
returns the diagnostic:

  An internal Advanced Server error occurred.
  More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2140.

The "more help" in this case is:

  EXPLANATION
  A software error occurred.
  ACTION
  Contact technical support.

Does anyone know what I'm overlooking?

--
P-)

    _-\_<,      -   _\ /\_      15307 NE 202nd Street
   (*)/ (*)    -   (*)^(*)    Woodinville, WA 98072 (425)489-0501
  ---------------------------
  More comfortable AND faster ... that's REAL technology!

1. Help with AFPS and Windows Printers

I am trying to get an SCO 5.04 server with the 1 user eval version of
AFPS to print to a windows printer.  I can go to print manager, and
setup the printer, see the shared printer on a Windows machine,
however, when I go to hit OK, print manager just hangs and never
completes the printer installation.  I have tried using various
passwords, and no password at all in the password section of the
printer setup.  This machine is setup as a BDC on our main domain, and
it can see all of the other machines on our network.  What am I doing
wrong?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  Please respond via email
as well as in this group.

Dave Atkins

2. large installations!?

3. Problem with SCO OSR5.0.2 / AFPS/ Windows 95

4. sb16 audio device

5. Remote printing to remote unix printer problem with cpi= option

6. compiling color version of bibview-2.1 under X

7. Printer Problem: Default page size resets after power outage on remote line printer

8. Makefiles (porting from UNIX to DOS)?

9. Adding a new remote printer

10. How do I add a remote printer in AIX 4.3.1 ?

11. Adding remote printer - solaris 7

12. Admintool unable to add remote printer

13. adding a remote printer to unix