Post installation problem

Post by Don » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I've just installed SCO OS 5.0.4 and it boots into Open Desktop.
However, the mouse doesn't work (probably not configured properly)
and I don't know the keyboard shortcuts to access the top menu!

As a result, I can't do a thing.  Anyone know those shortcuts?  I'm
using a standad windows 95 keyboard.

Thanks in advance,
Don

Post installation problem

Post by Fabio Giannott » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I've just installed SCO OS 5.0.4 and it boots into Open Desktop.
> However, the mouse doesn't work (probably not configured properly)
> and I don't know the keyboard shortcuts to access the top menu!

> As a result, I can't do a thing.  Anyone know those shortcuts?  I'm
> using a standad windows 95 keyboard.

> Thanks in advance,
> Don

Don.

CTRL-ALT-F1 will get you to one the main console screen.  This is a
simple text screen.  (By default, SCO gives you 12 screens to log into,
accessed by CTRL-ALT-F1 thru F12.  The X screen is on the second screen
by default.  ALl the others are text.)

Once logged in as root on the text screen, then run mkdev mouse to
change the settings.

Good luck,
Fabio

Post installation problem

Post by Richard Howlet » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> I've just installed SCO OS 5.0.4 and it boots into Open Desktop.
> However, the mouse doesn't work (probably not configured properly)
> and I don't know the keyboard shortcuts to access the top menu!

> As a result, I can't do a thing.  Anyone know those shortcuts?  I'm
> using a standad windows 95 keyboard.

Switch screens using Ctrl-Alt-F1, log in as root, run "mkdev mouse" and
set up your mouse (if you want), then do what I do and disable the GUI
using the command: scologin disable
You can start the GUI when *YOU WANT TO* using: startx

--
Richard Howlett

1. confusing mklinux 2.1 upd 3 post-installation problem

Hi,

I just updated mklinux (on a PM7100/66) from 2.1 update 1 to 2.1 update
3. I followed the installation instructions to the letter and everything
seemed to go well until I forced the reboot after the shared library
installations.

While booting, the OS seemed to not be able to find a number of files.
When it was finished booting, the login screen was messed up.
Specifically, the version information (the part of the second line that
is in parentheses) was missing. All it said was "(Linux   on a   )." The
login line was also flawed, reading "(none)  login:" When I attempted to
login, it said "root: /bin/login: no such file or directory" and
reverted back to the login prompt.

I checked the system's directory contents through the Finder, and both
/bin and /bin/login are there. I've been unable to find any mention of
this in the documentation or the FAQ. Any ideas as to what the problem
might be and how I might fix it (I'd like to avoid starting from
scratch, if at all possible)?

Thanks for any help.

Josh Pointer

2. xfree 4.2.0 and matrox g550

3. Helix Gnome Post Installation Problem

4. BSM

5. RedHat 5.0 Post Installation Problems

6. subscribe list

7. post installation problem

8. Evolution and LDAP

9. Solaris7 Intel Post-Installation problem

10. FREEBSD:Post installation problem!!!

11. Post installation problem

12. Post-installation problem