mkdev with a quarter inch tape drive

Post by Bela Lubki » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Herbert Rubin wrote (on comp.unix.sco.programmer):

Quote:> How do I create a device for my tape backup? 1/4" tape drive

The generic answer is `mkdev tape`.  There are lots of details, which
might possibly have been communicated to you if you'd named your
operating system and version, and the hardware you are installing.
`1/4" tape drive' narrows it down to about 5 different major
technologies, 10-15 manufacturers and >100 models, many of which have
special requirements (or aren't supported at all).
Quote:>Bela<

mkdev with a quarter inch tape drive

Post by Jean-Pierre Radl » Sun, 22 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Herbert Rubin's CPU sent forth this bytestream:
| How do I create a device for my tape backup? 1/4" tape drive

mkdev tape