Netscape 3.0b5 on OSE 5

Post by Jerry Heym » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I just downloaded Netscape 3.0b5 from the SCO Website, and have the following
observations:

  1.  It did not ask me for my license (which I received in a separate e-mail)
  2.  No symbolic link between the installed binary and /usr/bin/X11/netscape
      was created
  3.  All links are black.  Underlined, but black - making it look as though
      I have visited everything on every page.  *SOLVED* missing link to the
      Netscape.ad that is shipped in the tar file

I deleted Netscape 2.02 prior to the installation, so I can't imagine anything
being left around to mess with things.  The only Netscape specific entry I
have in my ~/.Xdefaults is to turn off blink (I HATE blink with a passion)

Will the installation procedure be updated to correct these minor, but painful
flaws?

jerry
--

Combat System Simulation                   | http://www.arlut.utexas.edu/~jerry
Applied Research Laboratories of UT Austin | "Software is the difference

1. Netscape 3.0b5 an font corruption

Is anyone having problems with font corruption with Netscape 3.0b5 and
fonts?? I'm running FVWM and it seems that NS corrupts my fonts after
about
10 minutes or so and w no discernable pattern.

It's getting kind of irritating. :)

--

Group
 MCP - Windows NT Workstation & Windows NT Server        Linux 2.0

2. ping apollo tester

3. Netscape 4.0b5 & SSL

4. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

5. NETSCAPE 4.0B5 SUDDENLY EXITS W/Errror: Cannot perform malloc

6. Ensoniq Soundscape Driver??????

7. NetScape 3.0b5 with Linux 2.0.0

8. SMP on GA686DLX

9. No Java w/ Netscape 3.0b5

10. Netscape 3.0b5 Error - "couldn't create AppletClassLoader"?

11. netscape-wrapper-bnl-4.0b5-0.i386.rpm

12. Netscape 3.0b5 + Java; how I got mine to work.

13. Help:Bus error on Java of Netscape 2.0b5