Bad block ,restore , fsck ...

Post by Nikolay Boriso » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

HOW to repair ruined file systems.
With fsck is not got.

Bad block ,restore , fsck ...

Post by Bill Vermilli » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>HOW to repair ruined file systems.
>With fsck is not got.

So what errors did you get when you ran  fsck -ofull ??

Success of any repairs is going to depend on what errors you get,
and I didn't see any in your message :-)

Bill

--

Bad block ,restore , fsck ...

Post by Jeff Lieberman » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>HOW to repair ruined file systems.
>With fsck is not got.

 Filesystem Repair Utilities for SCO OpenServer 5.0.0,
 5.0.2, 5.0.4, 5.0.5.
        http://www.sco.com/cgi-bin/ssl_reference?105411

 My filesystem is corrupt even after running fsck. What
 can I do before restoring from backup or consulting a
 data recovery service?
        http://www.sco.com/cgi-bin/ssl_reference?110488

 What are some of the basic utilities to verify system
 integrity?
        http://www.sco.com/cgi-bin/ssl_reference?104907

 Filesystem Repair Utilities for SCO UNIX Release 3.2
 Version 4.2.
        http://www.sco.com/cgi-bin/ssl_reference?105410

--

150 Felker St #D  Santa Cruz CA  95060
831-421-6491 pager   831-429-1240 fax

1. Finding out if there are bad blocks in the bad blocks list

Hi

I'm trying to find out whether there are any bad blocks in the ext2fs
bad block list. I think there might be, because I had a whole lot of
ext2fs error messages popping up during a compile, and when I removed
the directory I was working with and ran e2fsck -cf /dev/hdc6, it told
me the filesystem was modified, even though none of the regular checks
had failed (I'd previously run e2fsck -f /dev/hdc6, so all the duplicate
blocks and unattached inodes and stuff had been sorted out). I think the
drive might still be under warranty, so if there are bad blocks I'll
take it back.

TIA
Bruce
--
Please remove the ".nospam" from my address before replying
| Bruce Merry (Entropy)            | bmerry at iafrica dot com       |

2. How do I get Address ranges?

3. How do you add a bad block to e2fs bad block list?

4. Oracle instal. with RedHat 7.1

5. Bad block in /var,fsck fails.

6. pppd daemon died unexpectedly

7. Bad Blocks on IDE drive, fsck doesn't fix it

8. IRC

9. How can I fsck a HD with bad super block

10. Bad Disk Blocks with fsck???

11. Bad Blocks at fsck on an ext2

12. fsck won't run-Vol Mgr 2.6-Bad Super Blocks!

13. Bad blocks and fsck?