Open Server Release 5

Post by Scott McK » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

Our clients have be having problems with running out of inodes with
SCO's 3.2.4.  Is Open Server Release 5 capable of supporting more the
65488(max for SCO UNIX 3.2.4) inodes/filesystem?  I know that it's
probably running the same version of the OS(3.2.4v2) but what I've seem
on the spec's, it has an improved filesystem.  If it does support more
than 65488 inode/filesystem, what is the max?

Open Server Release 5

Post by Mark Dav » Tue, 16 May 1995 04:00:00

>Our clients have be having problems with running out of inodes with
>SCO's 3.2.4.  Is Open Server Release 5 capable of supporting more the
>65488(max for SCO UNIX 3.2.4) inodes/filesystem?

See some of the recent posts- the answer is "yes".

  | Mark A. Davis     | Lake Taylor Hospital | Norfolk,VA (804)-461-5001x431 |

1. SCO Open Server Release 5.02!

Hi !

I am a newcomer to this group from DOS world!

I have big troubles to install SCO Unix5.02 (two diskettes and 1 CD) on PC
(Pentium). I have Hitachi CD-ROM drive attached to IDE controller. The
CD-ROM is not detected (only SCSI CDROM is listed), so the installation must
be aborted.  How can I make installation diskettes from CD on DOS computer?
What is the solution? Where I can get an appropriate driver? Or should I
find somebody with running version to make installation diskettes?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Mirko Pikalo

2. Another KPPP problem

3. MERGE in Open Server Release 5?

4. libln.a -- what was it?

5. informix 4.x stuff & SCO Open Server Release 5

6. Secure FTP access to users

7. Installing the FREE SCO Open Server Release 5

8. xfree86 won′t work with intel i810 chipset

9. MERGE in Open Server Release 5?

10. Releasing the NIS+ server sources as Open Source ?

11. What is the latest version of SCO Open Server and System V release?

12. Open Server 5 release question