TCP/IP and AFPS under 5.0.4

Post by Tom Parson » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:Michael R. Davis writes:
>I have installed 5.0.4 via fresh install and have not been able to install
>TCP/IP. When the Open Server Host 5.0.4  is exploded in software manager
>connectivity it does not show a TCP/IP option as an installable service.
>TCP/IP is listed under SCO Open Desktop and SCO Open Enterprise however
>both of these choices result in a "TCP/IP not licensed" error.

>My question is, how do I add the TCP/IP protocol to SCO Open Server 5.0.4
>that does not require a license? I have received one reply from SCO that
>stated that TCP/IP is not a separately licensed poduct in Open Server 5 and
>would like specific information on this topic.

OpenServer 5.0.? Host does not include networking.  You need to obtain
the Enterprise version, either by purchase or upgrade.

TCP/IP and AFPS under 5.0.4

Post by Tom Philli » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I have installed 5.0.4 via fresh install and have not been able to install
>TCP/IP. When the Open Server Host 5.0.4  is exploded in software manager
>connectivity it does not show a TCP/IP option as an installable service.
>TCP/IP is listed under SCO Open Desktop and SCO Open Enterprise however
>both of these choices result in a "TCP/IP not licensed" error.

>My question is, how do I add the TCP/IP protocol to SCO Open Server 5.0.4
>that does not require a license? I have received one reply from SCO that
>stated that TCP/IP is not a separately licensed poduct in Open Server 5 and
>would like specific information on this topic.

>Thanks in advance.

SCO's product line is very confusing.  As I understand it, SCO OpenServer
"HOST" does NOT include any networking (ie TCP/IP) or Xwindows.  HOST is for
character based terminals only (which also means no print servers).

You need to upgrade to "Enterprise" to get networking.  Which is what we
needed to do to use TCP/IP print servers on our network.

That is why you got the response about it not being a separately licensed
product (anymore).

Maybe someone from SCO can give more information.

----------
Tom Phillips
Employers Resource

TCP/IP and AFPS under 5.0.4

Post by Michael R. Davi » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I have installed 5.0.4 via fresh install and have not been able to install
TCP/IP. When the Open Server Host 5.0.4  is exploded in software manager
connectivity it does not show a TCP/IP option as an installable service.
TCP/IP is listed under SCO Open Desktop and SCO Open Enterprise however
both of these choices result in a "TCP/IP not licensed" error.

My question is, how do I add the TCP/IP protocol to SCO Open Server 5.0.4
that does not require a license? I have received one reply from SCO that
stated that TCP/IP is not a separately licensed poduct in Open Server 5 and
would like specific information on this topic.

Thanks in advance.

TCP/IP and AFPS under 5.0.4

Post by Adam R. Pau » Fri, 17 Oct 1997 04:00:00

[snip]

Quote:> My question is, how do I add the TCP/IP protocol to SCO Open Server 5.0.4
> that does not require a license? I have received one reply from SCO that
> stated that TCP/IP is not a separately licensed poduct in Open Server 5 and
> would like specific information on this topic.

> Thanks in advance.

OpenServer Host is a networking-less system.  If you wanted networking,
you should not have been sold the Host system.  You need to upgrade to
Enterprise to get TCP/IP.  You cannot add networking to Host except by
upgrading to Enterprise (and, for 5.0.4, I'd recommend a fresh install
rather than an "intra-upgrade" as you'll get more of the internet
goodies).

_Adam

-----
Adam R. Paul                     | The probability of forgetting

The usual disclaimer applies.    | to .... to .... uh ....

1. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

        DDE to TCP/IP Real Time Data Pump

DDE2TCP, is a Real Time Data Pump used as a data bridge
between DDE applications and ANY host system using
TCP/IP (SUN,HP,IBM,Apple, etc).  DDE2TCP runs in the
background, totally transparent between server and target
system.

DDE2TCP is perfect for use with any MMI system such as FIX,
WONDERWARE,GENESIS,LabTech for real time update of SQL
databases residing on other hosts.  DDE2TCP comes with it's
own configurator for fast and effective setup.  DDE2TCP runs
on WINDOWS 3.1,3.11,95 and NT.  Site licenses,volume discounts
and modifications are available.  For more information on this
product or our other porducts and custom services contact:

                Marshall Rowe
                Custom Technology
                640 N. LaSalle Ste 284
                (312) 384-4104

        VISIT our WEB
        site    WWW.CUSTOM-TECH.COM

2. cable proxy setup help needed

3. Management and connectivity issues

4. query - web hosting

5. Is X slow ? Why ?

6. SLS X wants tcp/ip, tcp/ip won't compile, what now?

7. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP

8. tcp/ip ppp hangup in sco 3242 tcp/ip 121

9. !!DDE->TCP/IP, REAL TIME DATA PUMP, Trans.DDE App.DATA via TCP/IP