openserver 3.0 hangs on boot up

Post by Clark Adam » Wed, 07 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a remote system that has worked fine for about 2 years. On friday
10/2/98 the system locked up and they powered it off, waited, then powered
it back on.  It comes up to  the control D message fine, when they press
control D it starts giving us the normal messages until it displays

starting tcp/ip: cpd slink idsockets strerr syslogd inetd routed

At this point the system hangs we get no messages.  This system doesnot
have an network card.  So I had them boot into single user mode (which
worked fine) and move /etc/rc2.d/S85tcp to a temp directory then reboot.

Now, after we press control D we get normal messages until Print services
started is displayed and the system hangs.

HELP!!!   Please

Clark Adams

724-745-3039

1. OpenServer 3.0 Emergency Boot

I am having trouble with a SCSI-2 DLT when booting from emergency
diskettes. These are the generic boot and root (i.e. the system-specific
could not be created). The system is a Compaq ProLiant 4500R and the
Compaq (actually DEC) 10/20 Gb DLT drive.I load the boot-time loadable
driver (Compaq efs148btld), and have the SCSI id set to 2 (SCO default).
At the boot prompt, i enter "defbootstr link=CUCHA Stp=cha(0,2,0). At
this point, I am thinking that the drive should work. I can "status" and
"load" the drive using the "tape" command. However, when I try to read
the cpio-created tape, I get "I/O error on read()". If you have hacked or
mangled through this, please share you insights.TIA.

2. qmail problems

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. Newbie question: iptables & RH 7.1

5. Boot Hangs in FBSD 3.0

6. Scanning with SANE

7. UPS and Sco Openserver 5

8. 7.1: where ist managerpm (linuxconf module) ?

9. APC UPS compatibel with openserver 5.0.5?

10. Smart UPS and Openserver 5

11. SCO OpenServer installation killing NT boot sector + boot manager problems

12. InterNetNews 2.1 lock ups on FreeBSD 3.0

13. OpenServer 3.0 installation error