Problem with Remote Printing Thru Print Servers

Problem with Remote Printing Thru Print Servers

Post by mma.. » Thu, 20 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I have a problem with UW7 Can you please address this on the forum on my
behalf for the time being. I shall be obliged.

Problem is as under:

I have installed a system with UW7 (7.1.0) and want to get some
printing on
the network using the Print Servers from D-Link (DP-100, DP-300) and/or
Balylan's Printer Servers. These P.Servers works very fine with SCO
OpenServer 5 but a little bit problem in the UW7 is that (with 2 or 3
printers installed) If I send some requests to one printer it is OK but
when
the requests are sent to more that 1 printer, only one printer prints
and
the others are idle until the first one ends the job and I want all the
printers working in the same time. Can you please advise or send my
problem
to the forum ? Shall be grateful.

I also tried to find the Printcap file but failed.

Regards

Mian Abdul Majid

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Printing thru Linksys EPSX3 print server - how?

I'm trying to get my Linux box to print thru the print server using CUPS,

192.168.1.150:9100, and sets up the printer as an HP photosmart P1000 using
the recommended drivers, but when sending a test file, nothing happens at
the printer.  I can ping the server sucessfully all day long.  What am I
not setting up?

Do I need a Linux driver for the Linksys EPSX3 (Windows does)?  If so,
where do I get it, and are there any secrets to setting it up?

Any help/advice would be appreciated - I have a CompSci degree, but it's 25
yrs old, so use small words and simple sentences :)

Thanks in advance...

2. Booting Sun3 from Linux 1.2.1 as Xterminal - PLEASE HELP

3. Howto send print jobs to a remote print server (SMC Barricade)

4. Cross checking

5. remote printing fails after upgrading print server to Solaris-2.8?

6. FvwmAudio module won't work on my fvwm2 or fvwm95

7. Remote Printing from SCO Unix to a print Server.

8. resizing kmenu

9. lpd stops sending queued print jobs to remote Print Server.

10. How to set up linux to print to a remote print server (SMC Barricade)

11. How to supress Extra FormFeed when Printing to a remote Print Server?

12. remote printing problem: Error transfering print job

13. How to do Printing Acct. w/ Remote Printers thru gator/shiva boxes?