OpenServer 5.02

Post by Wayn » Sun, 23 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have installed OS 5.02 on my other system, but I am trying to install it
on a Fujitsu 2.5Gig hdd with a NEC 4x cdrom.

It boot fine from the floppy until it comes to the hardware detection phase
and says it cannot find a 'root device'.

I have partition the disk 50/50 would that be the problem?

Wayne

OpenServer 5.02

Post by Bela Lubki » Sun, 23 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I have installed OS 5.02 on my other system, but I am trying to install it
> on a Fujitsu 2.5Gig hdd with a NEC 4x cdrom.

> It boot fine from the floppy until it comes to the hardware detection phase
> and says it cannot find a 'root device'.

> I have partition the disk 50/50 would that be the problem?

The problem would be that OSR5.0.2 doesn't work right with IDE drives
larger than 2GB.  This was fixed in OSR5.0.4, or you can use the Support
Level Supplement oss451b (from ftp://ftp.sco.com/SLS/).

Quote:>Bela<

--
Sandy and Bela Lubkin are traveling around the world for a year!  Now posting
from Enschede, Holland; Muenchen next.   +Please do not Cc: me on news posts!

OpenServer 5.02

Post by Wayn » Tue, 25 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I now have a solution.  The problem does not seem to be listed in the SSL as
it came up with every other possible problem.

Thanks to those who assisted.

Wayne