visionfs license key invalid

Post by John Wilco » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

I simply continue to get invalid key error every time I do "visionfs
license" and enter the key given to me by SCO.  I had to install 1.12
via mounting the CD since it did not work through software manager.

I've called SCO several times and they appear to have another firm that
has no technical knowledge issuing their license #'s.  They do not seem
to be able to help.

Anybody seen this problem?

Thanks.

visionfs license key invalid

Post by James MacDonal » Tue, 12 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I simply continue to get invalid key error every time I do "visionfs
>license" and enter the key given to me by SCO.  I had to install 1.12
>via mounting the CD since it did not work through software manager.

>I've called SCO several times and they appear to have another firm that
>has no technical knowledge issuing their license #'s.  They do not seem
>to be able to help.

I think you'd need a separate key for VisionFS. You can't use your
OpenServer/UnixWare license key for it. Are SURE you have a specific
VisionFS key?

You will have one if you paid SCO some $$ for it: it will have come with
some documentation (it will be on a COLA or Certificate Of License and
Authenticity). SCO put most of their products on the one CD and just use
license keys to enable them; it saves you and SCO money. Although SCO
would be in a fix if someone cracked their license system, that hasn't
been done yet. Basically, if you don't have the key already, you aren't
entitled to VisionFS, because you haven't paid for it.

--
UNIX - Saving you from the Gates of Hell.

1. .shosts: Your host key cannot be verified: unknown or invalid host key?

I've installed the ssh 1.2.6 rpms from ftp.reply.com on two machines
running RedHat Linux 5.2:

ssh-extras-1.2.26-1i
ssh-server-1.2.26-1i
ssh-clients-1.2.26-1i
ssh-1.2.26-1i

now when trying to log in from the one (helena) to the other (luthien),
with an appropriate .shosts file being in place, I get:

helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Waiting for server public key.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Received server public key (768 bits) and host
key (1024 bits).
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Host 'luthien' is known and matches the host
key.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Initializing random; seed file
/root/.ssh/random_seed
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Encryption type: idea
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Sent encrypted session key.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Received encrypted confirmation.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Trying rhosts or /etc/hosts.equiv with RSA
host authentication.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Remote: Accepted by .shosts.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Remote: Your host key cannot be verified:
unknown or invalid host key.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Remote: The host name used to check the key
was 'helena.physik.tu-berlin.de'.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Remote: Try logging back from the server
machine with the canonical host name using ssh, and then try again.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Server refused our rhosts authentication or
host key.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: No agent.
helena.physik.tu-berlin.de: Doing password authentication.

what exactly is the remote server complaining about?
I'm not using an /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts on any machine. Might this be
the problem?
Loging into other machines where I have compiled sshd myself is no problem
without a machine-wide ssh_known_hosts on either client or server machine.
Did the maintainers of the ssh rpms use some specific options to enforce
some extra checks? Could I override it in sshd_config?
Could it be a resolve problem (hostname vs. FQDN)?
Any suggestions to clear the situation?
--

Institut fr Theoretische Physik  +49 30 314-24254   FAX -21130  IRC kuroi
Technische Universit?t Berlin            http://home.pages.de/~schwarz/

2. Mouse stops clicking in X

3. VisionFS licensing

4. ISDN & masq

5. visionfs can't contact license server

6. Printing RWCStrings in Sun debugger

7. Visionfs Licensing

8. corel partitioning bug

9. VisionFS 1.2 unable to locate License Server

10. SCO Visionfs License problem

11. VisionFS won't let me license it !

12. Visionfs licensing

13. Visionfs License...!!!