Current Sendmail binaries for 3.2?

Post by Evan Oulash » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Can anyone point us to a location or source where we might obtain
(more) current binary versions of Sendmail? We have a 3.2.4.2 machine
with an older version we'd like to update.

tx

eno

Post by Robert Sid » Thu, 06 Jan 2000 04:00:00

: Can anyone point us to a location or source where we might obtain
: (more) current binary versions of Sendmail? We have a 3.2.4.2 machine
: with an older version we'd like to update.

: tx

: eno

FYIW, I've tried to compile the latest sendmail for v4.2. Two things
scared me away: 1) At that time I was not familiar with sendmail and
2) daemon.c does not compile. The problem with daemon.c is it uses
#ifdef's where it should use #if's. This implied to me that
sendmail was never tested under 4.2 and I would have to test it myself.
Since I was not familiar with sendmail I didn't feel I was qualified
to test it.

I took the next cheapest and easiest route and that was to build a
small linux box for sendmail. I haven't looked back.

Rob
--
Robert Side               | Postal Address: #205-1095 McKenzie Ave, V8P 2L5

Victoria, B.C. Canada     | WWW:   http://www.aiinc.ca  fax:   250 479 0764

1. mail binaries voor Sendmail (execmail) for 3.2 (How to get them from the CDROM)

Hi

I need the 'execmail' binary to use with sendmail instead of MMDF.
Otherwise sendmail keeps looking in the aliastable of MMDF!! ARGGHH!

I need it for a 3.2r4.2 system.

Can anybody help me to get it from the installation CD-ROM ?

It is not a mountable disk, and dd with tar was not succesfull either..

Thanx

Ray

Ray Vermey - Hiscom B.V.        |Home: www.hiscom.nl/personal/rvermey

Fax  : +31 71 5216675           |Visit Leiden Digital City! //www.dsl.nl

2. The Leading Site for Background Texture Graphics

3. OBSD 3.2/i386 current, Python an XML-RPC (long)

4. Semantics of relative paths in symlinks?

5. Ptr to current process in sysV 3.2 (sco)?

6. AlphaBIOS question

7. Can Linux run SCO 3.2 binaries?

8. Knoppix - its impressive

9. Looking for 'top' precompiled binary (3.2 2 i386)

10. wget binary for freebsd 3.2 i386 ??

11. sendmsg and recvmsg and binary compatibility from 3.2 to 5.0?

12. Where can I get XFree86 3.2 binaries?

13. LaTeX Binaries for AIX 3.2?