E-IDE HD and E-IDE CD-ROM on Toshiba

Post by Knut Stah » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Hello,

we have to setup OSE 5 on a Toshiba Notebook CDT 410. I had asked in
this group if it is possible and someone answered that there will be
no problem.

But now there is a problem:
The System has a 1.2 MB HD and the build in Toshiba CD-ROM. I am using the
Release Supplement Disk with ATAPI which was included to our distribution.
Then I follow the steps described in the Release Notes to install from
an IDE CD-ROM.

I am using this bootstring:
defbootstr ahslink=ATAPI

It works fine until I have to choose the installation media. In the Notes
step 6 describes that I have to choose "SCSI CD-ROM".

When I do so the only answer is that I do not have a SCSI adapter!

What can I do??? It is very urgent.

Thanks!

Knut

E-IDE HD and E-IDE CD-ROM on Toshiba

Post by Anthony Grac » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello,

> we have to setup OSE 5 on a Toshiba Notebook CDT 410. I had asked in
> this group if it is possible and someone answered that there will be
> no problem.

> But now there is a problem:
> The System has a 1.2 MB HD and the build in Toshiba CD-ROM. I am using
the
> Release Supplement Disk with ATAPI which was included to our
distribution.
> Then I follow the steps described in the Release Notes to install from
> an IDE CD-ROM.

> I am using this bootstring:
> defbootstr ahslink=ATAPI

> It works fine until I have to choose the installation media. In the
Notes
> step 6 describes that I have to choose "SCSI CD-ROM".

> When I do so the only answer is that I do not have a SCSI adapter!

> What can I do??? It is very urgent.

> Thanks!

> Knut

I have just finished loading 5.02 on a Twin IDE H/Disk with an IDE CD-Rom.
It loaded perfectly. We did not use a btld string.  The system recognized
the cdrom as a defacto with wd signature.