Q: EIDE CD-ROM Installation...

Post by Bryan Wiliam Org » Tue, 09 Jul 1996 04:00:00

        Hi...

    I was wondering if anyone has installed SCO OS5 using an EIDE

  CD-ROM ? ? ?  If so, how ? ? ?  I doesn't seem to give me the

  option to specify that I'm not using a SCSI CD-ROM for the

  installation.  Everytime I try to install SCO it says it can

  not find the SCSI CD-ROM and the install exits, rebooting the

  system.  If anyone can let me know how I can install SCO, I

  would appreciate it very much....  Just in case it matters, I

  am using a Samsung Model SCR-630 4X CD-ROM ....

Bryan

Q: EIDE CD-ROM Installation...

Post by Joerg Stang » Wed, 10 Jul 1996 04:00:00

>         Hi...

>     I was wondering if anyone has installed SCO OS5 using an EIDE

>   CD-ROM ? ? ?  If so, how ? ? ?  I doesn't seem to give me the

>   option to specify that I'm not using a SCSI CD-ROM for the

>   installation.  Everytime I try to install SCO it says it can

>   not find the SCSI CD-ROM and the install exits, rebooting the

>   system.  If anyone can let me know how I can install SCO, I

>   would appreciate it very much....  Just in case it matters, I

>   am using a Samsung Model SCR-630 4X CD-ROM ....

> Bryan

EIDE CD-ROM installation
Use the BTLD DISK (ATAPI)

Boot: defbootstr ahslink=ATAPI <ENTER>

Replace the wd driver with r <ENTER>.
Choose SCSI CD-ROM as installationdevice and wd as controller.

IF the CD-ROM is connected to the primary port choose adapter 0 ,as
secondary adapter 1.
CD-ROM as master device ( SCSI ID 0)
CD-ROM as slave Device  ( SCSI ID 1)
Choose 0 as LUN and 0 as SCSI bus number.

1. EIDE CD-ROM installation problems

Hello,

I've recently gone through a lot of effort to attempt to install FreeSCO
off an EIDE CD-ROM (Creative labs 8 speed) and failed. I've heard from
other people that they've had the same grief. This started me thinking
that the wd driver maybe can't cope with faster CD-ROMS? What I'd like
to do is to hear from anyone who's either installed or failed to install
of *any* EIDE CD-ROM drive. Please email me with machine and CD-ROM details
at the address below and I'll post the results at a later date.

Regards,
Keith

 No matter.                         |
 Try again. Fail again.             |
 Fail better" - Samuel Beckett    |

2. Compare

3. Installation from Wearnes EIDE 8x CD-ROM

4. proc_file_read bug?

5. EIDE CD-ROM + EIDE 1280 WD HD + all kinds of shit

6. apache: 0.8.14 serving different pages to Netscape users?

7. 3 Qs - lock file, sound, mounting CD-ROM

8. Code Crusader & RH6

9. EIDE CD-ROM and AUDIO CD

10. Question: Support SIIG SoundCard EIDE/TAPI CD-ROM

11. Need help setting up EIDE CD-ROM

12. EIDE CD-ROM problems

13. EIDE or SCSI CD-ROM ?