Any hope of Matrox Millennium on ODT 3.0?

Any hope of Matrox Millennium on ODT 3.0?

Post by Yatish Mish » Fri, 10 May 1996 04:00:00

Is there any hope that the Matrox Millennium video card will be
supported on SCO ODT 3.0?  SCO says no and I haven't heard back from
Matrox.  I am sure other people are wondering thae same since this card
is so popular.

BTW, on my multi-boot system, I got the Matrox card working flawlessly
with Win95/WinNT and Solaris x86.  It sure is fast compared to my old
ATI Mach32 card.

Thanks in advance.
Yatish.

Post by Yatish Mish » Sat, 11 May 1996 04:00:00

> Is there any hope that the Matrox Millennium video card will be
> supported on SCO ODT 3.0?

I will answer my own question.  SCO says no for ODT3 but yes for 5.0 in
about a month.  Out of desperation and trial and error, I found that the
following work for the Matrox Millennium:

  1. OAK OTI-077 VGA       (VGA 640x480 16 colors)
  2. Orchid Designer VGA   (VGA 640x480 16 colors)
  3. Orchid Designer VGA   (VGA 800x600 16 colors)

I am running in 800x600x16 with no problems.  I am sure there are other
settings that might work (I wish I could get 1024x768x256).

Is using the Orchid drivers going to hurt anything?
Thanks in advance.

Post by Michael Hancoc » Mon, 13 May 1996 04:00:00

> Is there any hope that the Matrox Millennium video card will be
> supported on SCO ODT 3.0?  SCO says no and I haven't heard back from
> Matrox.  I am sure other people are wondering thae same since this card
> is so popular.

You might want to look at getting a better X.  See
http://www.xinside.com.
Quote:> BTW, on my multi-boot system, I got the Matrox card working flawlessly
> with Win95/WinNT and Solaris x86.  It sure is fast compared to my old
> ATI Mach32 card.

> Thanks in advance.
> Yatish.

1. MATROX Millennium Device Driver for ODT 3.0

Hi all,

Would you know where I might be able to obtain the device drivers for
the
MATROX MGA Millennium Video card for the SCO ODT 3.0 Operating System?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS,
ANIL
--
PS If you could also E-Mail me with the info I would really appreciate
it.

 * ALL opinions/statements are my own. *

Anil K. Sharma
Computer Sciences Corporation
Systems Engineering Division

2. Pine and NFS question...

3. matrox millennium II AGP same as millennium G200 AGP2X ??

4. Plug and Play Internal Modem

5. ODT 3.0 Device Drivers with ODT 5.0?

6. Forum

7. Matrox Mystique: any hope in sight???

8. Need Solaris 2.3 books

9. Matrox Mystique dual monitor: is there any hope?

10. there is hope for Matrox Millenium

11. MATROX DRIVERS REALITY, HOPE TECH or Xfile ?

12. Any hope for a Matrox video card?

13. Does XFree support Matrox Millennium MGA-2064W chip?