Help with installation of SCO OpenServer 3

Help with installation of SCO OpenServer 3

Post by Jean-Pierre Radle » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Simon Cole telecommunicated:
| Well, I've finally decided to give up on Windows; or I would do, if I
| could find the BTLD for my EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM drive, so I could install
| my SCO OpenServer Release 3.
| I presume the driver is available from SCO's website, but I cannot find
| it...

Uod429a or uod453a are what you are looking for, and they're in the
SLS directory of ftp.sco.com, or in LIBrary 11 of SCOFORUM on CompuServe.

--

Help with installation of SCO OpenServer 3

Post by Simon Col » Wed, 02 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Wotcha,

Well, I've finally decided to give up on Windows; or I would do, if I
could find the BTLD for my EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM drive, so I could install
my SCO OpenServer Release 3.
I presume the driver is available from SCO's website, but I cannot find
it...

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.

Help with installation of SCO OpenServer 3

Post by Roberto Zi » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

says...

Quote:

>Wotcha,

>Well, I've finally decided to give up on Windows; or I would do, if I
>could find the BTLD for my EIDE (ATAPI) CDROM drive, so I could install
>my SCO OpenServer Release 3.
>I presume the driver is available from SCO's website, but I cannot find
>it...

>Please help!!

>Thanks in advance.

Hi !

If by SCO OpenServer Release 3 you mean SCO Open Desktop 3.0 (powered
by SCO UNIX 3.2v4.2) then I'll suggest you to use SCO SLS UOD429A
which adds support for EIDE/ATAPI CD-ROM driven installation.

Also, check the documentation on the 'Net pertaining to SCO SLS
UOD453A to see if you need it; both SLSes are available on the
SCO's FTP site (ftp.sco.com/SLS) and SCO's WEB page
(http://www.sco.com).

Hope this helps !

Best,
Roberto

Strhold Sistemi EDP
Reggio Emilia      ITALY
Please remove the ending "dy" from my Email address if you want to reply
"Has anybody seen an aircraft carrier around ?"
        (Pete "Maverick" Mitchell - Top Gun)

1. SCO OpenServer 5.0.2 installation problem (HELP)

Hi gurus

I'm trying to install SCO OpenServer 5.0.2 on a new chassis and am hitting some
problems (surprise...) any assist appreciated.

The mobo: SuperMicro P3TDLE
Video: - Brand-X PCI - SIS chipset
RAID SCSI(1): Adaptec 2100S RAID 0+1 (nice...)
SCSI(2): Avansys ABP3925 - CDROM SCSI ID 0, HP1537A SCSI ID 3
boot SCO N1
load Adaptec FDD when asked

link
(packages): dpti5 asc

load Avansys FDD when asked
hangs on install - last message on screen: F dptrinit

Any assist appreciated - have tried moving SCSI IDs around of tape and CD to no
effect so am back where we started.

The Adaptec readme says:
SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 needs defbootstr link=dtti4
SCO OpenServer 5.x needs defbootstr ahslink=dpti5
SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 needs defbootstr link=dpti5

Am trying a build now (realtime) - any assist appreciated.

Latest try removed avansys defbootstr ahslink=dpti5 still fails

thanks (in advance)

2. avermedia tv/phone bt848 card with linux.

3. Installation of SCO Openserver --- Help

4. pppd:Device can not be overridden

5. HELP! FREE SCO Openserver installation problem

6. Process list -> Graph

7. Help Needed: SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 Installation.

8. useradd behaviour ?

9. HELP! Sco Openserver installation

10. SCO Openserver installation HELP!

11. HELP! FREE SCO Openserver installation problem

12. Installation problem: SCO OpenServer 5.0 + Toshiba notebook + CD-ROM

13. SCO OPENSERVER 5.0.2 INSTALLATION