TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

Post by Eugene Broere » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

We are using sco 5.0.5

Can anyone help me with the following error

In /usr/adm/syslog the following error

TTloop:   peer died unknown error

Once in about 4 days we get this message in syslog, and all P.C's are not
pingable from the server anymore.
When we do tcp stop / tcp start it is working again.

( We are using dhcp, could this be the problem ? )

Any suggestions ?

:(

TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

Post by dpere.. » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I have the same problem.
I am not using DHCP on the SCO box but on a NT server.

telnetd[25423]: ttloop:  peer died: Unknown error

Please post any solutions to the problem.
Thank you.

Dave

Quote:> We are using sco 5.0.5

> Can anyone help me with the following error

> In /usr/adm/syslog the following error

> TTloop:   peer died unknown error

> Once in about 4 days we get this message in syslog, and all P.C's are
not
> pingable from the server anymore.
> When we do tcp stop / tcp start it is working again.

> ( We are using dhcp, could this be the problem ? )

> Any suggestions ?

> :(

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

> I am not using DHCP on the SCO box but on a NT server.

> telnetd[25423]: ttloop:  peer died: Unknown error

> Please post any solutions to the problem.
> Thank you.

> Dave

> > We are using sco 5.0.5

> > Can anyone help me with the following error

> > In /usr/adm/syslog the following error

> > TTloop:   peer died unknown error

> > Once in about 4 days we get this message in syslog, and all P.C's are
> not
> > pingable from the server anymore.
> > When we do tcp stop / tcp start it is working again.

> > ( We are using dhcp, could this be the problem ? )

> > Any suggestions ?

> > :(

Hello Dave,

Could you tell me wich hardware you are using ?
We are using
IBM NETFINITY 5500 SERVER

1 AMD NIC        ( Imb product )
2 INTEL NIC'S   (Imb product )

WINDOWS NT Client's ( service pack 6 ) & Reflection for terminal emulation.

I've read an article about this message, how to recreate this message in the
web-site

http://gate.cruzio.com/~jeffl/sco/

* Logon from a Windows P.C. with a wrong password and then immediate close
the connection in your terminal emulation program.

* I've got the same message in my syslog, but i did not have to stop tcp and
start it.

I've got no solution at the moment, but i'm trying to get the help of IBM.

Eugne

TTloop: Peer died: unknown error in syslog (tcp stop / tcp start needed)

Post by Andrew Newsom » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Had the same problem after a 5.0.0 to 5.0.5 Sco upgrade. Wasn't using Dhcp
but errors were the same. Was
using a PCI Amd network card if my memory serves (Slept since then) and our
supplier said they had
experienced some problems. Stuck a reasonable 3com card in and the problem
went away. Whether it was
the removal of the card and adding it back in again or changing the card to
3com I can't say. Don't know whether
this info will be of help but here's hoping. If you've patched the machine
after adding the card just removing the
protocol and adding it again may sort.

P.S If you want to remove the card and put it back in ONLY remove the
protocol running on that card. If that
is the only protocol it is running the card will go from netconfig. If you
remove the adapter it gets rid of bits of
TCPip (not good).

Have a good one.

Andy

1. ttloop : peer died unknown error

Anybody offer help on this one?

Sco Openserver 5.02

On occassion (once, twice a day).  the system crawls to a halt and
then picks back in about 2 minutes.  I've traced this back to some
entries in the syslog which reades

telnetd [process id$]:  ttloop:   peer died unknown error

netstat reveals no activity, nor collissions nor errors.  There are
only about 5 PCS hanging off this box running 10MB

Any sugestions?

2. ramdisk with specific module

3. ttloop: peer died: not owner in Syslog.dated

4. where Can I download UNIX

5. Telnetd error: ttloop: peer died: No such file or directory

6. (124)Address family not supported by protocol family

7. What is this: ttloop: peer died?

8. syslog'ing to another machine

9. Telnet Failure ttloop: peer died

10. ttloop: peer died