Interrupt registration in non-init context

Interrupt registration in non-init context

Post by sco.. » Tue, 01 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

     I am looking for the information related to
the dynamic interrupt registration in device
driver's non-init context. The query is as
depicted below. It would be of great help, if any
body replies to this query.

The interrupt handlers in SCO OpenServer 5.0.x can
be successfully registered using idistributed or
add_intr_handler(OfCourse add_intr_handler is
obsolete and not recommended to use) in device
driver's xxinit entry point.

On issuing idistributed() in non-init context,
though the call succeeds, OS will not schedule the
handler hooked to the IRQ.

Whereas if we try to do the same with
add_intr_handler, the call doesn't succeed and
returns with an error message( Interrupts are
enabled ). The man page clearly says that,
add_intr_handler should only be issued in driver's
init entry point.

Is there any way to overcome this limitation. Can
anybody help me out in solving this problem.

Regards
VINAY C V

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Is it possible to register Interrupts in device-driver's in non-init entry point

Hi,

     I am looking for the information related to the dynamic interrupt
registration in device driver's non-init context. The query is as given
below. It would be of great help, if any of you sco developers reply
this query.

The interrupt handlers in SCO OpenServer 5.0.x can be successfully
registered using idistributed or add_intr_handler(OfCourse
add_intr_handler is obsolete and not recommended to use) in device
driver's xxinit entry point.

Now, on issuing

1)idistributed() in non-init context(on MP System), though the call
succeeds, OS will not schedule the handler hooked to the IRQ.

2) idistributed() in non-init context on Non-MP system, it returns with
an error saying Interrutpts are enabled.

3) Whereas if we try to do the same with add_intr_handler, the call
doesn't succeed and returns with an error message( Interrupts are
enabled ). The man page clearly says that, add_intr_handler should only
be issued in driver's init entry point.

This is the limitation imposed by OS. Can any body help me out in
solving this problem.

Regards,
VINAY C V.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. TYAN 1365 PCI SCSI controller

3. netif_rx from non interrupt context

4. Set root to User Home Directory

5. running in interrupt context when there's no interrupt raised

6. virtualhost and LDAP

7. cbq-init not letting me non-bound/non-isolate?

8. append using sed ???

9. i386 machine_restart unsafe in interrupt context

10. PCI Power Management / Interrupt Context

11. lp device interrupt registration?

12. 2.5-ide24-preempt scheduling in interrupt context

13. hotplug and interrupt context