uucp & port permissions with specialix RIO

uucp & port permissions with specialix RIO

Post by Paul Hopkins » Thu, 08 Feb 1996 04:00:00

We are using Open Server Rel 5
Specialix RIO card (ttyR009)

The problem is that uucico changes the port to:

crw-r-----   1 uucp     uucp      82,136 Feb  7 13:35 ttyR009

This results in users being unable to access the port with cu unless the
permissions are altered to:

crw-rw-rw-   1 uucp     uucp      82,136 Feb  7 13:35 ttyR009

I have altered the inittab to use uugetty and specified the port as
/dev/ttyR009
although from the manual I understand that the uugetty function is now
performed by the getty command.

R009:23:respawn:/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty /dev/ttyR009 p

I have amended the /usr/lib/uucp/Devices file so the first entry is:

ACU38 /dev/ttyR009 - 38400 atdial38

I have to chmod a+rw /dev/ttyR009 after each uucico session so that my
users can access the port with cu

Can anyone point me in the right direction toward solving this.

Many thanks

Paul Hopkinson

1. FS Specialix RIO card and 16 port Remote Terminal Adapter (multiport serial adapter)

I have a never used (in the box) Specialix RIO EISA card and 16 port
Remote Terminal Adapter (RTA).  This multiport serial adapter will
support 115K baud on up to 256,  full modem contro, l serial ports
with additonal RTS's.  Cables and docs included.  Drivers are
downloadable from Specialix.

This is an ideal solution for Intel based systems running UNIX..

Best reasonable offer gets it.

Jim

2. How to keep child's stdout & stderr alive

3. Looking for drivers for Specialix RIO

4. Services

5. Has anybody used Specialix RIO ?

6. Identifying parts from their part numbers

7. Specialix Rio PCI cards

8. BIND 9 TCP Problems

9. Specialix RIO Oops fix

10. Specialix config.rio trouble

11. Fs: Specialix board & 24 ports

12. AIX BNU's - uucp Systems & Permissions